FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking For A Deal On Tv...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm looking at picking up a new TV -- likely a samsung LN46A550 (46" 1080p)..

After a bit of research, I'm pretty sure I can get this TV for $1500. However, I really don't want to be going store to store after store trying to haggle with unknowledgeable staff.

So anyone here know of anyone in the GTA that would be willing to deal with me? I'm thinking of giving Kromer or Bay Bloor a call, and maybe try raising my blood pressure a bit at futureshop... any other suggestions?
EAST HAMILTON RADIO!

YOU'RE NOT GONNA BEAT THEIR PRICES.
42" SAMSUNG $988.00!

I bought mine there.
AWESOME!

http://www.easthamiltonradio.on.ca/specad/...yMay10_2008.pdf
Go to EHR, ask for milan (one of my friends) Tell him Paolo Sent Ya!
2001 Audio Video FTW - the last 3 times I've bought equipment they've beaten everyone else's price - include the Brick and FutureShop - and the stores are small enough the people are easy to deal with.

darkpuppet,May 14 2008, 10:51 AM Wrote:So I'm looking at picking up a new TV -- likely a samsung LN46A550 (46" 1080p)..

After a bit of research, I'm pretty sure I can get this TV for $1500.  However, I really don't want to be going store to store after store trying to haggle with unknowledgeable staff. 

So anyone here know of anyone in the GTA that would be willing to deal with me?  I'm thinking of giving Kromer or Bay Bloor a call, and maybe try raising my blood pressure a bit at futureshop... any other suggestions?
[right][snapback]264341[/snapback][/right]
thanks for the suggestions guys...

I may hit up 2001 a/v and futureshop, and then maybe go for a drive to EHR if I can't get what I'm looking for there. With the price of gas, it wouldn't take much to make up the difference in price if I'm unable to get a decent deal...

considering that the advertised prices of EHR-FS-2001 are all within a hundred or so of each other for similar items.
If you're willing to take a bit of a drive, Tru-Tone Electronics in Mississauga is a good place to go as well (I've dealt with them for audio products and enjoyed the experiences)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 14 2008, 01:08 PM Wrote:If you're willing to take a bit of a drive, Tru-Tone Electronics in Mississauga is a good place to go as well (I've dealt with them for audio products and enjoyed the experiences)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]264359[/snapback][/right]
Trutone X2. They are all I deal with.
I just got a 40" Sony Bravia LCD tv from future shop for $889.99, and it was $400 off (regular price was just under $1300)
darkpuppet,May 14 2008, 10:51 AM Wrote:So I'm looking at picking up a new TV -- likely a samsung LN46A550 (46" 1080p)..

After a bit of research, I'm pretty sure I can get this TV for $1500.  However, I really don't want to be going store to store after store trying to haggle with unknowledgeable staff. 

So anyone here know of anyone in the GTA that would be willing to deal with me?  I'm thinking of giving Kromer or Bay Bloor a call, and maybe try raising my blood pressure a bit at futureshop... any other suggestions?
[right][snapback]264341[/snapback][/right]

Another place to try is Gibby's Audio/Video in St. Catharines. I didn't buy my TV from there but I used their ad to get the extra $110 off the price I paid at Future Shop for a Samsung LNT4061F - 40" 1080p just about a month ago.
http://www.gibbysaudiovideo.com/
EHR will look after you if something should go wrong, which it has to my friends 42" Samsung.
CanadaSVT,May 15 2008, 11:37 AM Wrote:EHR will look after you if something should go wrong, which it has to my friends 42" Samsung.
[right][snapback]264419[/snapback][/right]

What went wrong? :blink:
I wish I had the money for a series 7 from samsung...

btw.. what happened to the LED backlit LCD's?? why they all disappear all of a sudden if they offered better contrast, colour gamut and lifespan?
Friggin Futureshop has been increasing the prices on their TV's about a $100/day over the last 4 days.

someone doesn't want me buying a TV...

nevermind... Best buy just dropped the price $400 on the same TV bringing it back down to the original price.
darkpuppet,May 16 2008, 09:19 AM Wrote:Friggin Futureshop has been increasing the prices on their TV's about a $100/day over the last 4 days.

nevermind... Best buy just dropped the price $400 on the same TV bringing it back down to the original price.
[right][snapback]264484[/snapback][/right]

Awesome. Just don't get sucked into buying the cables from those guys.
Oscar The Grouch,May 16 2008, 11:00 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,May 16 2008, 09:19 AM Wrote:Friggin Futureshop has been increasing the prices on their TV's about a $100/day over the last 4 days.

[right][snapback]264484[/snapback][/right]

Awesome. Just don't get sucked into buying the cables from those guys.
[right][snapback]264488[/snapback][/right]

I've priced everything out, and know what products I want.

I'm thinking of going with the 52" samsung 1080p .. a decent little tv stand and a $40 HDMI cable. That's all I need.
Just remember that Best Buy and Futureshop are owned by the same company.
Also, Cables are a friggin rip off.
you can get monster "like" cables for a 10th of the price.
ANTHONYD,May 16 2008, 11:09 AM Wrote:Just remember that Best Buy and Futureshop are owned by the same company.
Also, Cables are a friggin rip off.
you can get monster "like" cables for a 10th of the price.
[right][snapback]264490[/snapback][/right]

I know.. that's what prompted me to check the best buy site.... guess sales are slow at BB lately.

and like with my PS3, I expect to get them to knock a few sheckles off as well (yes, you can negotiate :P)
Doing your research pays off!

After getting futureshop to shave about $1000 off a package for me, I am now just waiting for a minivan to swing by to pick up my new purchase.

52" Samsung 52A550 with TV stand, a couple of HDMI cables and free Rogers HD PVR for 6 months and the 4 year PSP..

I know, buckling and getting the service plan is not good consumerism. However, 4 year protection from dead/stuck pixels and a dimming backlight is not bad insurance.

So in 4 years, I need someone to break my TV so I can get the free upgrade..... but not too obviously break it.
BTW.. and even a big box store, like futureshop has room to bargain... the TV was on sale, but in the end, on the total package, I saved nearly $1200 on the initial quoted price.