FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: '09 Focus Unveiled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, on the [FJ] front page, the new focus has been unveiled.

check it out here

Quote:The freshly designed front and rear fascias are a direct result of customer feedback and are meant to prove that Ford is, indeed, listening to customers. The redesign provides a more aggressive, larger lower front area that takes cues from the Verve concept car (and newly launched European Ford Fiesta). Standard fog lamps are now more integrated into the fascia.

In addition to the reworked nose and tail, the SES Coupe now sports a new roof-line spoiler and gets premium-painted dark chrome 17-inch aluminum wheels as standard. To further drive home its sporting nature, the car's twin-bar grille and headlight surrounds have darkened.

Personally, I think it suffers a bit from designed by committee-itis...

[Image: 09_focus_coupe_frnt.jpg]

The focus has always sort of been about a polarising design philosophy... and this just looks like a compromised '08. I don't know if I like it.....
Getting warmer.... :rolleyes:
Nice Ford wheels. I'm startin to like the 08" gen ,seeing more and more of it.
Needs a hatch.
Would be nice if the rear in this was a hatch, like some of the older hatch designs.
Nice rims, I like the chromeless grille
I REALLY hope the World Rally Car is not based on this design !!!
getting better kinda like EAP rims but i don't like the roof spolier kinda reminds me of a rally escourt just smaller
Well, that's certainly an improvement over the current 2-door coupe...the black chrome, the SVT-esq front facia, and rims all look good, and I actually like the spoiler...kinda adds a little extra lines to the back half of the car. I like that the chrome gills on the fenders are gone too...

If that car was Liquid Grey, or Pitchblack, or Silver, it'd look even better, especially with a nice tint...

Maybe there's hope yet for the current gen Foci...
The best pic of the new Focus I've seen thus far, FS-designed monster car notwithstanding.
Focus man, Focus.,May 13 2008, 09:06 AM Wrote:Needs a WAGON.
[right][snapback]264233[/snapback][/right]

and

oldeguy,May 13 2008, 09:27 AM Wrote:Nice rims, I like the chromeless FENDER
[right][snapback]264238[/snapback][/right]

Exactly ;)
still looks like poop :D
Its an improvement over the 08's. I don't know that if i was looking for a car this would make the list tho, still not sold on the redesign 08 or 09.
*yawn*

I'm thinking the pencil broke when the designers thought that one up.
I just figured out what it was missing. An EcoBoost 4-cyl mated to a 6-speed.

Now that would be a Focus coupe I'd look at.

Oh, and since nobody said it.

Quote:Needs a drop, and tint.
ANTHONYD,May 13 2008, 11:09 AM Wrote:*yawn*

I'm thinking the pencil broke when the designers thought that one up.
[right][snapback]264254[/snapback][/right]

x2
The rims are nice I looked at one from the dealership(08) with the eap's but they wanted $1700 for them., I do like the grill. Were the hell is the bigger engine? Why can't they paint the rest of mirrors and doors all the same colour??
Large lower grille is just waiting for an intercooler.......................... :ph34r:
I'm getting accustomed to the 08, still not wanting to purchase one, on looks, no real wow factor, but, if in a few years a used one might be an option.
whats up with the roof mounted wing? it looks silly enough on 300hp rally replicas.. on a 130hp econo coupe it looks way out of place
Well, well, looks like they've fixed at least two of the main things that drove me crazy about the '08 redesign:

The chrome zits are gone (automotive Clearasil anyone? :lol:)

It looks like they lowered the trunklid enough that you might actually be able to see out the rear and not need Rear Park Assist :P

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2