FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cayuga Feb 13th Winter Lapping!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got this from Toronto subaru club site. Im really tempted to go even though the price is a bit high. Should be fun IF they are gonna have lots of snow. This more for RWD & AWD cars but a couple of my buddies with FWD cars are gonna come out still to have some fun.

With a heavy storm moving through the Cayuga area we are expecting 25-30 cm of snow today trough Thursday. Fllowed by 3 - 5 cm each day after. The track will be in great condition.
Example of great track conditions This was only 10 cm!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym-Nf1xZ5i0

I plan on bringing the rally car out as I had a early end to my rally Perce Neige and need more snow practice

It is only $100 if you don't want instruction and $150 if you want instruction. They provide coffee and doughnuts so bring a lunch or there is a subway close by. Gates open at 9:30 on track from 10 to 4 pm
FREE if you just want to come out and watch or take photos or go out as a passenger!!!

Don't miss out this could be the only good snowfall we get here this year come out and enjoy the SNOW!!!

You can call to pre register to pay VISA MC (416)-291-4561 or just show up and pay cash.

See you out there!!!!

Anyone wanna cruise up?
Morning bump you motor heads.

NefCanuk, come out and test that AWD Fusion.
Sry I'd love to go but I'm going to the Autoshow that day.

Set one up for the summer time and I'm there for sure. Watching your vids makes me jealous. <_<
Scorcher000,Feb 10 2010, 07:56 AM Wrote:Sry I'd love to go but I'm going to the Autoshow that day.

Set one up for the summer time and I'm there for sure. Watching your vids makes me jealous.  <_<
[right][snapback]301028[/snapback][/right]

Oh yeah, there's gonna be tons in the summer.
NikiterZTS,Feb 10 2010, 10:24 AM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Feb 10 2010, 07:56 AM Wrote:Sry I'd love to go but I'm going to the Autoshow that day.

Set one up for the summer time and I'm there for sure. Watching your vids makes me jealous.  <_<

[right][snapback]301035[/snapback][/right]
Have you seen Nick's WRX in the summer with the pimp wheels ? :D
NikiterZTS,Feb 10 2010, 07:50 AM Wrote:Morning bump you motor heads.

[right][snapback]301026[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to see what my Sat schedule is like pretty much day of :(

Not like I care if I cook the brakes (brakes are soon getting an "Extreme Makeover" EBC rotors and Hawk HP pads all the way around :D)

NefCanuck
Gabriel,Feb 10 2010, 06:40 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Feb 10 2010, 10:24 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]301035[/snapback][/right]
Have you seen Nick's WRX in the summer with the pimp wheels ? :D
[right][snapback]301108[/snapback][/right]

those Sti BBS rims are gonna be my track rims with Toyo R888 tires.
Currently looking for some 17x9" rims. Probably Rota G-Force or Grid.
NefCanuck,Feb 10 2010, 07:52 PM Wrote:

Not like I care if I cook the brakes (brakes are soon getting an "Extreme Makeover" EBC rotors and Hawk HP pads all the way around :D)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]301116[/snapback][/right]

Hawk HP is what I have right now and I don't like that for track. HP Plus this season.
Morning bump you car show lovers.
NikiterZTS,Feb 10 2010, 10:49 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Hawk HP is what I have right now and I don't like that for track. HP Plus this season.
[right][snapback]301133[/snapback][/right]

Yeah well, I look at it this way, the Hawk HP's are better than stock Ford pads for track use but are still streetable since I'm not mechanically inclined enough to be able to swap pads for track events :P

Hell, after this the limiting factor is going to be the tires now anyways (running the stock Michelins in the summer until they are dead, dead, DEAD)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 11 2010, 11:36 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Feb 10 2010, 10:49 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]301133[/snapback][/right]

Yeah well, I look at it this way, the Hawk HP's are better than stock Ford pads for track use but are still streetable since I'm not mechanically inclined enough to be able to swap pads for track events :P

Hell, after this the limiting factor is going to be the tires now anyways (running the stock Michelins in the summer until they are dead, dead, DEAD)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]301176[/snapback][/right]

I'm kinda lazy to switch brake pads at the track......I know the right way is to switch them but meh
HP Plus might be too squicky for you anyway
Heck, I was warned that the EBC rotors are gonna "hiss like a snake" anyways ;)

Meh, I figure that's what the stereo is for :P

Frankly if the car stops better I don't care if the car sounds like I had beans for dinner when I hit the brakes :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 11 2010, 10:56 PM Wrote:Heck, I was warned that the EBC rotors are gonna "hiss like a snake" anyways ;)

Frankly if the car stops better I don't care if the car sounds like I had beans for dinner when I hit the brakes :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]301248[/snapback][/right]

As you know from the "demo" drive you had in my car last year the EBC rotors and EBC pads on my Fusion have plenty of stopping power (which does not fade based on dozens of track days last summer) ... and this combo has remained smooth and quiet throughout. I'm now on my second set of pads but still plenty of meat left on the rotors.

I don't know about the Hawk pads, but the EBC rotors are fantastic IMHO.
I have to say that you guys really missed out. Could of have a chance to ride in a real rally subi.
Ended up being there all day. Pics and vids to follow.
ZTWsquared,Feb 11 2010, 11:45 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 11 2010, 10:56 PM Wrote:Heck, I was warned that the EBC rotors are gonna "hiss like a snake" anyways ;)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]301248[/snapback][/right]

As you know from the "demo" drive you had in my car last year the EBC rotors and EBC pads on my Fusion have plenty of stopping power (which does not fade based on dozens of track days last summer) ... and this combo has remained smooth and quiet throughout. I'm now on my second set of pads but still plenty of meat left on the rotors.

I don't know about the Hawk pads, but the EBC rotors are fantastic IMHO.
[right][snapback]301250[/snapback][/right]

True, that was a rather enlightening test drive last year and seeing you at Mosport was what finally pushed me over the edge to doing a serious brake upgrade.

The Hawk pads were fantastic once they had a good stop in 'em (lucky me that I have to deal with a two level parking garage with several stops needed ;))

I figure I'll get at least a few years out of the Hawk pads, unless I find a source of cash that gives me access to more than a couple of supervised track days.

NefCanuck
A couple pics that my buddy took.

This is the rally '97 Subi, runs on 109 octane makes 330whp/540wtq...The ride in it around the track was insane.
[Image: GTANCayuga006.jpg]

Inside of it. Hydraulic E-brake is the bomb.
[Image: GTANCayuga009.jpg]

My buddy's Forester (Low Life / Hood Rides whatever you want to call it :-)), my car and the beast
[Image: GTANCayuga033.jpg]
only got like 25sec of vid when i was getting a ride in rally subi cause my stupid card got full......faaaail

Subi ride
You didn't even make it into the fisrt corner Nik. That is full of FAIL.
here's the camera in my car.....i love that first turn, can do some nice good drift ....also shows my buddy's ghetto forester spinning out in front of me
YouTube- Subaru Impreza winter lapping

i took ABS fuse out so the braking felt very raw....different animal
photos that i took
[Image: IMG_1398.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1399.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1400.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1401.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1402.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1403.jpg]
had a fun ride in this Bimmer as well
[Image: IMG_1404.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1405.jpg]