FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Crotch Rockets ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i'm looking to buy a crotch rocket i wanna get one used but i'm wondering where are the used bike dealerships ??? Also does anybody know of a place where they sell salvage bikes like a bike junk yard... A freind of mine got an R1 for 800 bucks put 1000 into it and its a killer bike.. I wouldnt mind doing that i like tinkering with things.. Thanks in Advanced.
can you even get insurance on a salvaged bike?.......

i'm also in the market for a bike but looking for a SV 650S ..... i've been checking the auto trader but nothing yet ....

if you can insure a salvage titled bike i would be intrested too
_JC_,May 10 2008, 02:54 AM Wrote:can you even get insurance on a salvaged bike?.......

i'm also in the market for a bike but looking for a SV 650S ..... i've been checking the auto trader but nothing  yet .... 

if you can insure a salvage titled bike i would be intrested too
[right][snapback]264070[/snapback][/right]

I guess it would be like getting a branded car, you would have to get it re-certified for legal use.
Yeah you get it re certified and saftied and then you can get it insured so long as the frame has a vin on it..

But when i say salvage i dont mean like its been in a 40 car pile up and its mangaled all to hell.. I mean a fixer er uper bike.. Like new chain new fork brakes things like this... But if your talking Engine tranny ten forget it...

There was one on craigslist a Ninja.. 2004 10,000km for 600 bucks needs a new chain rear tire, brake job and one of the fairings was cracked b/c it fell over... I'm kicking myself that i didnt buy it...
good luck on the hunta fixer upper bike is hit or miss can be a great deal or u just bought a $500 door stoper
mister_bin,May 9 2008, 08:49 PM Wrote:Hey guys i'm looking to buy a crotch rocket i wanna get one used but i'm wondering where are the used bike dealerships ??? Also does anybody know of a place where they sell salvage bikes like a bike junk yard

http://www.zdenocycle.ca/ in Kitchener

http://www.motorbiketoronto.com/ in Toronto

http://www.bikeyard.com/ in Caledon East

Zdeno's is the only one I have been to. Great place where I've purchased all my bike needs, new and used. Plus it's just a fun place to ride to and visit.

_JC_,May 10 2008, 01:54 AM Wrote:i'm also in the market for a bike but looking for a SV 650S ..... i've been checking the auto trader but nothing  yet .... 

Zdeno's has a 2003 with 4,200km for $4800 cert.
be very sure the bike is salvaged because of cosmetic damage to the plastics

you do not want to be riding on a bike that has had a frame repair or has been laid down at high speed.. a 10mph spill that resulted in damaged to the footpegs, bar ends, and plastics is one thing.. at 25mph spill that resulted in damaged to the frame, suspension or motor from hitting a tree or a curb is another thing altogether

i highly recommend you spend more money up front on a working, good condition bike and focus on riding, rather than piecing together parts for a bike that might never be quite right.

you really have to know the exact bike you are looking for very well to avoid getting hosed on a deal like this