FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: North American Focus Vs Mexican Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We get this focus
[Image: untitled.jpg]
while mexico gets this focus
[Image: car_photo_219406_5.jpg]
yeah i think i'll be importing my next new car.....

unless Ford smartens up and goes global already!!!
2010 or 2011
oldeguy,May 8 2008, 02:51 AM Wrote:2010 or 2011
[right][snapback]263839[/snapback][/right]
What the hell? Why do we always get the old models! Does Mexico get the ST model to? Well Im sure by 2015 we will get that model (for the next 10 years.)
phased_focus,May 8 2008, 07:37 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 8 2008, 02:51 AM Wrote:2010 or 2011
[right][snapback]263839[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]263841[/snapback][/right]
Hmmmm - I don't think so. Just looked at the Ford Mexico website, and yes they get the C1 Focus (5-bolt wheels) but only the 4-door.

The 2009 Focus Sport with 5-speed (2.0 Duratec) costs 200,000 Pesos which translates into a bit more than $19k Canadian before taxes.

Check it out here. Ford Mexico Focus
Even the Fiesta here in Chile looks cooler than the NA Focus.

However now I have my sights on a Peugot 206.
that does look pretty sick.
Wow, North American Ford has their heads up their arse in such a big way.
Thats really hard to say coming from a guy that has little blue ovals running in his blood stream. :angry:
paulicat,May 8 2008, 09:26 AM Wrote:Wow, North American Ford has their heads up their arse in such a big way.
Thats really hard to say coming from a guy that has little blue ovals running in his blood stream.  :angry:
[right][snapback]263867[/snapback][/right]

Sad part is that Ford NA does have some bona fide good cars being produced ATM (Edge, Fusion, Mustang) but they can't seem to keep producing good small cars that they can make money on, leading to the compromised product they sell here :(

NefCanuck
Yea thats true for sure NefCanuck. I liked the Fusion I had as a rental, and we're actually planning on buying an Edge very soon.
I just hate seeing what they've done to the focus these last few years. Very disappointing.
I was talking to my buddy that use to work at a ford dealer selling cars and he was shocked on how many pple asked if the focus came in diesel they do in euro y not here they would sell like crazy really bump into the sales of the TDI VW
ZX3_2NV,May 8 2008, 10:41 AM Wrote:I was talking to my buddy that use to work at a ford dealer selling cars and he was shocked on how many pple asked if the focus came in diesel they do in euro y not here they would sell like crazy really bump into the sales of the TDI VW
[right][snapback]263875[/snapback][/right]
Yup, another strike against NA Ford...
ZX3_2NV,May 8 2008, 10:41 AM Wrote:I was talking to my buddy that use to work at a ford dealer selling cars and he was shocked on how many pple asked if the focus came in diesel they do in euro y not here they would sell like crazy really bump into the sales of the TDI VW
[right][snapback]263875[/snapback][/right]

Dont get me wrong its a good idea, but a disel option on a Focus would to expensive for most people who buy them. With diesel costing as much as premium gas it would be a hard sell. Though the new ford F-150 is going to have the diesel option, I think they are going to use the same engine as the Land Rovers overseas its supposed to get over 30mpg.
isn't $19k in mexico a fairly hefty amount of money to charge for a vehicle? its a premium compact car in that market so they can charge $$ for it.

that is an nice looking car i hope we can get it too.. esp if it comes with all the cool euro features for $19k

Canadian ST,May 8 2008, 10:02 AM Wrote:...With diesel costing as much as premium gas it would be a hard sell...[right][snapback]263884[/snapback][/right]

If they were going 1000km on a tank of gas I doubt it would be a hard sell.
SVT ZX3,May 8 2008, 01:40 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,May 8 2008, 10:02 AM Wrote:...With diesel costing as much as premium gas it would be a hard sell...[right][snapback]263884[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]263925[/snapback][/right]

True, but tthe Jetta uses a 60 liter tank. I use about 40-45 liters to fill up and I get just under 700km in my 08. If you add up the price of diesel and the larger tank its not really any better. Though diesel do last longer if they are taken care of.

Ummm, let's see, 42 litres, or so at $1.22 is $51.42, range for me, in a Zetec is 520 kms. I do a minimum of 660 kms a week.

42 litres, at what $1.50?, is $63.00, for a diesel with hopefully a range of 1000, would save me around $100.00 a month. Works for me.

We don't get the diesel or the Euro Focus because over here, for the common man and woman, the Focus is an economy car, usually a second car. Over in the rest of the world, the Focus is more of a mid-size car, and more expensive.

True, but tthe Jetta uses a 60 liter tank. I use about 40-45 liters to fill up and I get just under 700km in my 08. If you add up the price of diesel and the larger tank its not really any better. Though diesel engines do last longer if they are taken care of.
the 3L turbo diesel that BMW is shipping over apparently makes 278hp, 425ftlb of torque and got 44.3mpg in the european combined cycle in a 5 series sedan :blink: :o

truly amazing IMHO to get fuel economy that surpasses many economy cars and power that surpasses many sporty cars in the same package
Pages: 1 2