FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Build Your Own Wrc Focus For Free
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if anyone is willing to invest a bit of time to acquire a free WRC focus... but if you have the inclination..

hit up this papercraft site to make your own..

the focus WRC...in PDF

The finished product should look something like this..
[Image: FocusRS.jpg]
Im in i'll try one in black and white quickly and then take my time on the colour one if it works out
thats pretty neat... might have a go at it.
Everybody post your final build :P
I think I may have to try this one out.. my father in law loves paper models (he has tons and tons and tons of PDFs for them).. did I mention he has tons of them?

He found one of a steam locomotive for me also that I intend to make. May have to go get some decently heavy paper and give them a go.
so does the paper hold just with glue or how does it work should i glue the pdg print out to a small sheet or cardboard or something never tryed anything like this before
I think you can get something similar to cardstock (maybe a bit lighter) that the printer can suck in with no problems.

I may try on the normal generic printer paper and see what happens.

And probably can get away with the paste in a tube stuff.. looks sorta like chapstick and you just rub it on the paper.

I'll ask my father in law when he gets home what should be used.

just found this site:

http://www.disneyexperience.com/models/model_tips.php

Quote: Basic Tools & Materials
SCISSORS
A good pair of sharp scissors is one of the most important tools you will need. Dull scissors can rip the paper, make uneven cuts, and they can be hard to control when precision cutting is key. You can also invest in scissor sharpeners.

Having a few different scissors for different tasks can also be helpful. Use one pair for cutting thin paper, one pair for hacking and cutting thicker paper and cardboard, and a pair of needle-nose scissors for cutting small details.

KNIVES/BLADES
A favored tool for cutting small details and cutting holes is an X-acto knife. X-acto is actually a brand name, but that's what everybody calls this particular type of knife. It is simply a tiny, VERY sharp blade that comes to a point and has a long, thin handle. In a good knife, the blades are replaceable. These blades are very dangerous; one wrong slip, and they can cut you quickly and deep. This is the voice of experience.

An X-acto knife can be your best friend, but it can't live up to its full potential without its partner, a cutting mat. Don't use the plastic cutting mats that you find in the fabric department of a craft store; use a mat that has a rubbery look and feel. They help keep paper from sliding, and are far cheaper.

GLUES & OTHER ADHESIVES
DO NOT USE RUBBER CEMENT! Many people have, unfortunately, discovered that rubber cement loses its adhesiveness over time. This means your paper model will eventually fall apart. The glue fumes are also a factor.

Every person has their own glue preference. White glue is typically good—it's strong and permanent. Some people like to use double-sided tape, and some like to use tacky glues. Hermafix allows you to reposition pieces without tearing the paper.

PAPER
Paper is also up to each individual. Most like to use a stiffer paper, usually an 80lb cardstock. Some prefer regular printer paper, which is what the models are actually designed for. You should also consider how much you will be handling the model once it's finished.