FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2003 Svt Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I flew out to Milwaukee on Saturday, just as planned. Picked up the car and started my drive back around noon. BTW that car is a blast to drive!! Between the downpour of rain I had to ge through, and the traffic jam around Chicago. I got back to the border around 10-10:30. Ya I know 10 hour drive, I survived on fast food and Monster Energy drinks. With paperwork in hand I get to the booth, feeling pretty confident about the whole thing I explain the situation about buying and wanting to export the car.

Well I have the title in hand, BUT it has the Lien holder on it as well, I have a letter directly from Ford Credit, stating that the lien has been removed and their is a zero balance owing on the car. Because I the lien company (Ford Credit) is still on the title it self, I cannot export the car. And I was denied access to Canada aswell. So long story short, the car is now parked in a secure lot with US Customs, until I can get the New title, which will be not until tuesday, Wednesday.

I made all my call, checked and double checked to make sure this thing would go smoothly, and a discrepincy between the US and Canadian side of Customs is screwing me. So by the end of the week I should have it, and all thats left is the DTRL mod I have to do. Man, what an experience.
damn. that's annoying. but it will be worth it when its all done.
At least you live close to the border. Imagine if it was one of us Torontonians in that situation. Thats a long walk from the border. Hopefully everything will be sorted out in no time for you.
ya, I am glad for that. I was at my end when I was told that I could not cross. At least now, I know exactly what I need, and if all goes well I will have her in the driveway by the weekend.
They were going to allow you to cross at 1030pm at night? Never heard of that since they clearly state you must import a car between 8-4pm Mon-Friday. And yes, the title must not have a lien holder on it. Clear title is in your best interest.

Sounds like it's going to be a great experience in the end.
meford4u,May 4 2008, 09:13 PM Wrote:They were going to allow you to cross at 1030pm at night?  Never heard of that since they clearly state you must import a car between 8-4pm Mon-Friday.  And yes, the title must not have a lien holder on it.  Clear title is in your best interest.

Sounds like it's going to be a great experience in the end.
[right][snapback]263561[/snapback][/right]

For me living here in Windsor, the bridge never closes. That also goes for customs, and exporting goods. Transport trucks run through at all hours of the day/night.

That Borla exhaust sounds so nice, very mean sounding. Once I get it back here I will be yall a sound bite.
Well all safe and sound!! I picked it up yesterday, and took it through customs without issue this time. Its a s***ty pic from my cell, but first pics of the SVT on Canadian soil
[Image: 0508081320.jpg]
Man that is one sweet ride. Love it.
how many Foci did they lock up lol so did it come with wipers or just the stubby?
ZX3_2NV,May 9 2008, 02:03 PM Wrote:how many Foci did they lock up lol so did it come with wipers or just the stubby?
[right][snapback]264038[/snapback][/right]

Na man, this is at my apartment. The Copper one is my soon to be lease return, the green one is Wifey's car. And yes the wipers are back on the car. Once I get all the Inspection shyte done, I can install the Off-road pipe that cam with it. I am curious as to how much louder is it going to make the car. Any SVT owners on this board done it yet??? Its already got a Borla Exhaust system, sounds great BTW.
I've heard of a guy importing a tri rotor rx7 from the states. flew down and bought it in cali and then drive it up here. when they hit the boarder they had to stay there for 3 days to make sure the car wasn't stolen or anything.
looks awsome!! can't tell from the pics.... is it comp orange?
SL8RZZX3,May 10 2008, 09:11 AM Wrote:looks awsome!! can't tell from the pics.... is it comp orange?
[right][snapback]264075[/snapback][/right]

Here is a better pic:
[Image: STA_0567.jpg]

Quote:Once I get all the Inspection shyte done, I can install the Off-road pipe that cam with it. I am curious as to how much louder is it going to make the car. Any SVT owners on this board done it yet??? Its already got a Borla Exhaust system, sounds great BTW.

LOUD! especially with anything more than 25% throttle. That is pretty much what I am running now. I had an R/T cat but it cracked and is being sent back for repairs. In the mean time I have an ORP in it place after a SVT header, and before the after market flex and Borla exhaust.
one thing to mention when you take the car in for the inspection, make sure you swap your sun visors, from your other focus to this one, as they will try to nail you for not having a french label warning about the airbags.
OMG!! seriously!! Thats gay. Thanks for the heads up...
ill be looking for ya on the streets. if i see ya i may try to flag you down.
I'll keep an eye out for ya too!!
so how do u like the car buddy?
silvermist,May 10 2008, 03:39 AM Wrote:I've heard of a guy importing a tri rotor rx7 from the states. flew down and  bought it  in cali and then drive it up here. when they hit the boarder they had to stay there for 3 days to make sure the car wasn't stolen or anything.
[right][snapback]264071[/snapback][/right]

You have to give the border folks the papers 72 hours in advance.

This is why they had to wait. If they knew of the process, they could of had teh papers over to the border, and stayed in Canada until everything was done.

http://www.importcartocanada.info/visual-overview

Quote:Anyone Exporting a vehicle from the U.S. must provide U.S. customs with a copy of the title document at least 72 hours before crossing.
man I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya... comp orang eap... best looking NA focus ever
Pages: 1 2