FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Todays Lesson.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well today when my wife and I were out I started to feel like sh#t and I asked her to drive. Please keep in mind at one time my wife owned a 5.0 mustand (standard) so she knows (did know) how to drive standard. Well I think she took about 20'000km of the clutch and another 20'000 of the engine. Wow I guess her driving an auto for 5 years has turned her numb, at one point she was in traffic doing 35kph and in 5 gear??? I told her to down shift and I got the "I know how to drive and shut the hell up"

I guess the bottom line is never to get sick again if we are using my car. :ph34r:
if it makes you feel better same thing happened to me last night(went out, got sick, asked sig other to drive)... shifts were kinda rough, random stuff like go into 4th at 15mph instead of 2nd, downshift to 4th instead of upshift into 6th.. stuff i personally would avoid doing

this is was on my brand new 328i that at the time had 87 total miles.. but you know what.. its just a car and i decided up front when i got the car that i would not be negative to her because of the car....

another way to look at is.. what does more damage.. her lugging the motor, shifting roughly during a commute.. or me (you) revving hard to redline and banging off quick shifts during hard driving

IMHO.. don't worry about it man.. its just a vehicle at the end of the day :)
naz,May 3 2008, 10:26 PM Wrote:if it makes you feel better same thing happened to me last night(went out, got sick, asked sig other to drive)... shifts were kinda rough, random stuff like go into 4th at 15mph instead of 2nd, downshift to 4th instead of upshift into 6th.. stuff i personally would avoid doing

this is was on my brand new 328i that at the time had 87 total miles.. but you know what.. its just a car and i decided up front when i got the car that i would not be negative to her because of the car....

another way to look at is.. what does more damage.. her lugging the motor, shifting roughly during a commute.. or me (you) revving hard to redline and banging off quick shifts during hard driving

IMHO.. don't worry about it man.. its just a vehicle at the end of the day :)
[right][snapback]263523[/snapback][/right]

I guess its true, but I would rather see her rev the crap out of the car instead of lug the engine.

But your rite its just a car, a Focus at that.
It's a focus.
It's meant to be driven incorrectly.
Canadian ST,May 4 2008, 03:13 AM Wrote:I guess its true, but I would rather see her rev the crap out of the car instead of lug the engine.

But your rite its just a car, a Focus at that.
[right][snapback]263527[/snapback][/right]

i feel you man... i really do.. sometimes the best thing to do is just say thanks hon and leave it at that.. i mean.. she did 'save' you guys by driving you home

another thing i just thought off.. coming from a 5.0L mustang 35kph might just be a good speed to go to 5th gear to save gas.. you can do it if you have monster torque.. maybe that's just the habits that are hardwired into her?

hope you are over what happened to your car... i am just starting to realize that life is better if you don't let rabid car enthusiast ana1ness take you over