FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Guesstimate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some guesstimate on how many hr the shop need to do the following job.

Rear brake
-replace drum/shoe/bearing
-replace cylinda
-replace brake line

front brake
-replace brake line

top up fuild.

My guess is 4hr max?

Season I am asking is the shop used to go quoting me 1 full day of work and I KNOW they're trying to rip me off.
I think you're a bit low on your hours only because once they pull off brake lines aren't you looking at having to bleed all the lines to get the air outta 'em? :huh:

In fact depending on the last time you did it, I would think that a brake system flush would be almost mandatory...

NefCanuck
I think your looking 4 hours just to do the brakes, then for the lines to replace them and bleed at least another 2 hours. Thats my guess...
i've got a good mechanic in Markham.....gives me good deals and very good work

Yasiya Auto Service Ltd.
Name: Liu
(905)209-1438
or
(416)882-3901

156 Bullock Dr., Unit #33

tell him Nick with Ford focus sent ya....try him....he's really good
All depends if the shop charges flat rate hour or not.  If its flat rate the charge is by the book.  Have you ever had your drums serviced or taken apart before?  The nut that holds them on is supposed to be replaced after taking it off three times I think it is.
edit...read wrong!

<_<
last time similar job happened on my sube the labor was $50 per corner to replace pads and rotors, $100 to install brake lines and $75 to flush the brakes
After a bit of shop around a shop I used to go quoting me $320 which I think is fair.

FYI, the rear shoes lasted 8yr and 260k km, not bad if you ask me.
that's an awesome amount of time.. glad you caught them in time so you can schedule and shop around rather than be forced into a repair.