FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford/ Caw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford and the CAW have reached an agreement? Ratification on Sunday?
oldeguy,May 2 2008, 08:49 AM Wrote:Ford and the CAW have reached an agreement? Ratification on Sunday?
[right][snapback]263409[/snapback][/right]

cues TTC sarcasm...maybe they'll just shut everything down at midnight Sunday...
darkpuppet,May 2 2008, 01:40 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 2 2008, 08:49 AM Wrote:Ford and the CAW have reached an agreement? Ratification on Sunday?

cues TTC sarcasm...maybe they'll just shut everything down at midnight Sunday...
[right][snapback]263461[/snapback][/right]
We should. The agreement is a joke and a slap in the face to the workers. The fact the CAW presented this offer as acceptable to the membership deems them useless. The "u" in union means useless don't ya know.
meford4u,May 2 2008, 03:01 PM Wrote:

We should. The agreement is a joke and a slap in the face to the workers. The fact the CAW presented this offer as acceptable to the membership deems them useless. The "u" in union means useless don't ya know.
[right][snapback]263464[/snapback][/right]
Buzz getting soft in his old age?
oldeguy,May 2 2008, 03:45 PM Wrote:
meford4u,May 2 2008, 03:01 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]263464[/snapback][/right]
Buzz getting soft in his old age?
[right][snapback]263472[/snapback][/right]
He will retire soon. But not soon enough.
can't the union membership vote him out for doing such a crappy job?
Ford and the CAW have ratified a new three year deal. Oakville, was the only plant to turn it down.
oldeguy,May 5 2008, 12:36 PM Wrote:Oakville, was the only plant to turn it down.
[right][snapback]263586[/snapback][/right]
LOL - should we be surprised - after all, we know the kind of people who work there!

;)
ZTWsquared,May 5 2008, 02:25 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 5 2008, 12:36 PM Wrote:Oakville, was the only plant to turn it down.
LOL - should we be surprised - after all, we know the kind of people who work there!

;)
[right][snapback]263603[/snapback][/right]
:lol:
When you think about though, Oakville is deserving of improvements to their contract. What Plant, other than Oakville, is hiring?
oldeguy,May 5 2008, 01:34 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,May 5 2008, 02:25 PM Wrote:

;)
[right][snapback]263603[/snapback][/right]
:lol:
When you think about though, Oakville is deserving of improvements to their contract. What Plant, other than Oakville, is hiring?
[right][snapback]263606[/snapback][/right]
What plant, other than Oakville, is raking in millions of dollars for Ford? We are currently selling over 13000 Edges a month and 3500 MKX. We make money at the plant for Ford and should be rewarded for our efforts. Instead, we get this ass backwards contract that just pisses me off.
meford4u,May 6 2008, 04:07 PM Wrote:What plant, other than Oakville, is raking in millions of dollars for Ford?  We are currently selling over 13000 Edges a month and 3500 MKX.  We make money at the plant for Ford and should be rewarded for our efforts.  Instead, we get this ass backwards contract that just pisses me off.
[right][snapback]263712[/snapback][/right]
I think the CAW was looking at the industry as a whole and the outlook for Canada specifically in terms of making the deal ... but in any event, if you factor in "sharing the success" you're enjoying now, do you not also have to include "sharing the pain" of any possible downturn? I think from the union's POV sharing the success means more members working, not necessarily more coin for each.

Anyway - congrats to the boys and girls building the Edge and MKX - it is helping save Ford and put more money into the shareholders jeans - yay!! And for that, I personally thank you.
ZTWsquared,May 6 2008, 04:34 PM Wrote:
meford4u,May 6 2008, 04:07 PM Wrote:What plant, other than Oakville, is raking in millions of dollars for Ford?  We are currently selling over 13000 Edges a month and 3500 MKX.  We make money at the plant for Ford and should be rewarded for our efforts.  Instead, we get this ass backwards contract that just pisses me off.
I think the CAW was looking at the industry as a whole and the outlook for Canada specifically in terms of making the deal ... but in any event, if you factor in "sharing the success" you're enjoying now, do you not also have to include "sharing the pain" of any possible downturn? I think from the union's POV sharing the success means more members working, not necessarily more coin for each.

Anyway - congrats to the boys and girls building the Edge and MKX - it is helping save Ford and put more money into the shareholders jeans - yay!! And for that, I personally thank you.
[right][snapback]263715[/snapback][/right]

I can't reply without using swear words. :D
meford4u,May 6 2008, 07:50 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]263720[/snapback][/right]
LOL - I'll cash in four or five shares and bring a 2-4 to the house warming.
meford4u,May 6 2008, 06:50 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]263720[/snapback][/right]

I could always throw it into "Handicapped Parking" for you if you'd rather respond 'A'la meford' :D

I think the OAC is in a tough spot, they produce a fine product but with the other operations in Canada suffering the union had to offer up something "for the greater good of all the members" (Which I know means jack spit when you're the ones getting teh shaft :()

NefCanuck