FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New To Focuscanada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey
i own a 2004 sedan Focus
2.0L SPI
80 000 km
Hawk HP+ front brake pads, with brand new discs. (rear is OEM)
Falken Azenis tires (100 km on them :) )
and i installed a Short Ram last week.
Im planing on changing my brake pads (in the middle of the summer cause mine well be done) for GranSport. :headbang:

for the future i want :
-New final Drive (quaife)
-LSD (quaife)
-Drop : Koni Yellow with ground control!

This week! Azenis Time snow is gone! :headbang:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4848/dsc01374el0.jpg

2 weeks ago! winter tires

http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lg003bl4.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lg001ei8.jpg
You have a nice little rig there, always thought that doing up a sedan was more fun because people don't expect you to do it :)

Welcome

NefCanuck
welcome!
Welcome, you will find a lot of usefull information here.
welcome and um i din't know they make a final drive or lsd for an SPI.
http://www.quaife.co.uk/Ford-Focus-IB5-5...fe-gearkit

Quaife has it, you have to get their synchromesh gearkit. its a lot of money but might as well install this at the same time as the LSD!
What do u have planned for the motor for that kind of tranny problems
ZX3_2NV,Apr 30 2008, 01:05 PM Wrote:What do u have planned for the motor for that kind of tranny problems
[right][snapback]263281[/snapback][/right]

what do you mean by tranny problems??? Quaife is an excellent company, the product was rated really high too.
yes but why do u need it im saying for you to be doing all this work to ur tranny there must be a reason that ur expecting transmission problems. Im running 300 whp right now with a stock tranny waiting for this one to blow so i can build my spare.

does anyone else see anything weird with this or is just me noone with a stock car builds there tranny especially a spi sorry
ZX3_2NV,May 1 2008, 08:28 AM Wrote:yes but why do u need it im saying for you to be doing all this work to ur tranny there must be a reason that ur expecting transmission problems. Im running 300 whp right now with a stock tranny waiting for this one to blow so i can build my spare.

does anyone else see anything weird with this or is just me noone with a stock car builds there tranny especially a spi sorry
[right][snapback]263318[/snapback][/right]

I need it for track use. I dont need HP (turbo, SC, etc), only things that will make the car work better. I wont be doing track at a Touring level, but the tranny with koni yellow and GC will be a lot of fun i think! dont you??? B)
i think even 100whp on SPI will be useless with LSD......i think u don't need lsd untill you hit like 160whp
i don't think you should be tracking anything with an SPI insetad of building ur tranny depending on how many KM u got on that spi do a zetec swap with an intake, headers and exhaust and u'll be way better off than ur spi and tranny
ZX3_2NV,May 5 2008, 12:21 PM Wrote:i don't think you should be tracking anything with an SPI insetad of building ur tranny depending on how many KM u got on that spi do a zetec swap with an intake, headers and exhaust and u'll be way better off than ur spi and tranny
[right][snapback]263585[/snapback][/right]

why? putting a lsd in a zetec with I/H/E is a waste too. :P
not saying put a LSD with that just the mods there will be better than an SPI with an lsd is what im tryingh to say
ZX3_2NV,May 5 2008, 02:54 PM Wrote:not saying put a LSD with that just the mods there will be better than an SPI with an lsd is what im tryingh to say
[right][snapback]263610[/snapback][/right]

Not much better...lol..but I see where your going.
Flofocus,May 5 2008, 01:04 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,May 5 2008, 12:21 PM Wrote:i don't think you should be tracking anything with an SPI insetad of building ur tranny depending on how many KM u got on that spi do a zetec swap with an intake, headers and exhaust and u'll be way better off than ur spi and tranny
[right][snapback]263585[/snapback][/right]

why? putting a lsd in a zetec with I/H/E is a waste too. :P
[right][snapback]263601[/snapback][/right]

well i just reached today 80 000 km on it, and i dont intend to swap a zetec, and putting headers and an intake wont help me that much on a track, i have so much understeer in front that an lsd would help! HP dont matter on track when u dont race against S2000 or skyline GT-R for example.
its jsut my point of view!
well good luck on beaing the slowesty car on the track the SPI was not meant to be a racer its a great eceryday driver and wow ur km are pretty low