FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looks Like The New Street Racing Bill Is Paying Of
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By The Canadian Press

GODERICH, Ont. - It's likely a first under Ontario's new street racing legislation.

A provincial police officer pulled over a fast-moving vehicle on Wednesday just east of Goderich near Lake Huron. It was a garbage truck and it was caught on radar doing 112 km/hr in a 60-kilometre zone.

The 58-year old driver from Clinton, northwest of Stratford, was charged with racing and with failing to inspect a commercial motor vehicle.

The garbage truck has been impounded for seven days and the driver has lost his licence for a week as well.

He will appear in a Goderich court on June 5 to answer to the charges and faces a possible fine of $2,000.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080424/...y_street_racing
read it on the other forum a couple days ago......they are really loosing the meaning of "street racing"....who was he racing? a cement truck?

well at least they are treating everyone equal i guess

soso pro
it was a supped up garbage truck!, not a regular one.
They are puttin nitrous on anything these days!!!
I was waiting for something like this... "Fantino's Fifty" law shouldn't treat anyone differently and as long as this fool is prosecuted just as vigorously as others who've had the label "street racers" attached to 'em, I'll have no issue.

It's if the guy gets a slap on the wrist because of what he was driving that I'll yell "hypocrisy" <_<

NefCanuck
We need some of that justice here in Montreal. The WORST offenders are bus drivers. On my way to work, I pass through a school zone that's backed down to 30kph from 50kph at a certain time. But do you think the bus drivers slow down? Not a chance. SOME of them MAY slow to 40kph, but most don't. It's sickening to see these so called responsible drivers doing this. And as for our POLICE...well that's another story!

Good that they are gonna prosecute. Let's hope they do a good job of it. We will see what sort of punishment this guy gets.

that means theyre gonna impound the garbage truck right?
paolo,Apr 27 2008, 04:17 PM Wrote:By The Canadian Press

GODERICH, Ont. - It's likely a first under Ontario's new street racing legislation.

A provincial police officer pulled over a fast-moving vehicle on Wednesday just east of Goderich near Lake Huron. It was a garbage truck and it was caught on radar doing 112 km/hr in a 60-kilometre zone.

The 58-year old driver from Clinton, northwest of Stratford, was charged with racing and with failing to inspect a commercial motor vehicle.

The garbage truck has been impounded for seven days and the driver has lost his licence for a week as well.

He will appear in a Goderich court on June 5 to answer to the charges and faces a possible fine of $2,000.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080424/...y_street_racing
[right][snapback]263037[/snapback][/right]

paolo,Apr 27 2008, 11:56 PM Wrote:that means theyre gonna impound the garbage truck right?
[right][snapback]263053[/snapback][/right]

:P
the fines for heavy vehicles should be higher... there's a helluva a lot more danger in a garbage truck doing 50 over than some little kia Rio.
darkpuppet,Apr 28 2008, 07:11 AM Wrote:the fines for heavy vehicles should be higher... there's a helluva a lot more danger in a garbage truck doing 50 over than some little kia Rio.
[right][snapback]263059[/snapback][/right]
Can a Rio go 50 over?
I agree with the 50 over for everyone, and the punishment, but, because "they" call it racing, "they" should classify the vehicles like they do in some types of racing, by weight. The heavier the vehicle, the heavier the fine.
Although, being hit by a Focus doing 100, and being hit by a Garbage truck doing 100 won't make much difference to the guy in the other car, you'd be roadkill either way :( .
oldeguy,Apr 28 2008, 07:47 AM Wrote:Can a Rio go 50 over?
I agree with the 50 over for everyone, and the punishment, but, because "they" call it racing, "they" should classify the vehicles like they do in some types of racing, by weight. The heavier the vehicle, the heavier the fine.
Although, being hit by a Focus doing 100, and being hit by a Garbage truck doing 100 won't make much difference to the guy in the other car, you'd be roadkill either way :( .
[right][snapback]263060[/snapback][/right]

well.. the difference is between being able to be identified at the scene vs 'some assembly required'
wonder why he was doing double the speed limit in the first place.
because he was street racing why else, who knows maybe he was late for a drop off or pick up. As for the over 50 being called street racing its the stupidist thing ive ever heard just call it something else and leave "street racing" for two vehicles entering in a heads up race side beside each other.
Spinal,Apr 28 2008, 11:29 AM Wrote:wonder why he was doing double the speed limit in the first place.
[right][snapback]263071[/snapback][/right]

Probably had to take a dump. :lol:

I wonder if he drifts the truck too. I'd pay to see that. :blink: