FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wonderland Renames Rides!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wonderland just renamed some of their very well known rides.
This is gonna confuse the hell out of so many people.
"Back Lot Stunt Coaster" formerly "The Italian Job"
"Drop Tower" formerly "Drop Zone"
"Flight Deck" formerly "Top Gun"

This is real Interesting...

More here: http://www.canadaswonderland.com/attractio...ry.cfm?ac_id=23
what kind of a name is flight deck, it doesnt even resemble an airplane, im sticking with top gun. and i dont get how you go from, "the italian job to back lot stunt coaster." at least they didnt change dragon fire, i love that ride.
I can't wait to try the BEHEMOTH.

That monster drawfs the Canadian Mindbuster beside it. :o
this should explain the name changes, basically they can not use the paramount names anymore hence why they had to change.

On 14 May 2006, it was announced that Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. was interested in acquiring the five Paramount theme parks, including Canada's Wonderland. The acquisition was completed on 30 June 2006.[4] As a result, in early January 2007, Cedar Fair began to drop the "Paramount" name from all of their former Paramount parks, and the park is currently referred to once again by its original name, "Canada's Wonderland". The 2007 season marked a transition year of removing "all things Paramount" throughout the park. By the start of the 2008 season, the Paramount logo and similar references will be removed.

In August 2007, Cedar Fair announced that Fearfest would be renamed Halloween Haunt to remain consistent with other Cedar Fair parks. At this time Cedar Fair also announced that Spooktacular would be discontinued. In place of Spooktacular, the park extended its regular operating season until the last weekend in October. Thus, the park is open to the public during the day, and Halloween Haunt runs in the late evenings on October weekends. The park also announced its addition for 2008, a new hypercoaster called Behemoth, which will be the largest roller coaster in Canada, and will open in May 2008.[5] Behemoth will also be the tallest ride in the park, reaching three feet taller than the park's ride Drop Zone
I'll be there tomorrow for BMO day... can't wait to see the bastardization... :lol:
This is the result of the park changing hands more often than a $20 bill <_<

Oh for the days when it was simply a Hanna Barbera pimp-fest.

With the staff uniforms that were uglier than sin, I still remember my front gate get up, couldn't hold body heat when it was cold and you roasted in the damn thing when it was over 21C :blink:

NefCanuck
well honestly i like it better like this now. They changed the name of the park to the original which was Canada's wonderland. Its much better then Paramount wonderland.

As for the rides, well, who cares, just ride them :) give it a year and you'll know the names again.
I think this might be like the Skydome. I'll never call it the Rogers Center, it always takes a second thought to even think of Rogers Center.
makes sense that they don't hold the trademarks for some of the names and would be renaming things.... doesn't matter.. \i go for the rides, not for what they're called.

The behemoth takes 3 minutes from start to finish... can't wait!
Man, I still remember the last time I ever did any of the serious rides at Canada's Wonderland. IIRC it was the summer of '99 and it was The Bat...

Rode that thing and stumbled off with a nose that wouldn't stop bleeding and had to hit the first aid area... After that it was strictly the "low cal" rides like the bumper cars :(

NefCanuck
I remember a few things about wonderland back in the day, like being able to walk up the mountain, and seeing all the park, not to mention toronto from the top of it, and when they used to have to walkway behind the falls, you'd go in either side of it and come out soaked on the other side, FYI, they closed that walk way after someone jumped up in one of the skylights where the water would come in, and died as a result from the pressure....
yaa makes sence that the changed the names but italian job is italian job its 3 lil mini's unless they changed the cover of the carts i wounder what they changed tomb radier and the kids park to does this mean no sponge bob and dora for the kiddies?

and the bohemith is 3 feet taller than drop zone wow i didn't think it was that high