FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spotted: Some Rarer Cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So in my travels lately, I've stumbled across a couple fairly rare cars (as far as toronto is concerned) -- so no Bimmer, porsche, ferrari or otherwise -- yes, these two examples of automotive engineering are rare indeed!

to the pics... first an easy one..
[Image: DSC00004.jpg]

but does anyone know what car this is??
[Image: DSC00007.jpg]
-hint, it's got gullwings...

Ahh grand national isn't to rare and the other one looks like a Ferrari but i don't know my old cars that well
ZX3_2NV,Apr 24 2008, 05:20 PM Wrote:Ahh grand national isn't to rare and the other one looks like a Ferrari but i don't know my old cars that well
[right][snapback]262877[/snapback][/right]

Can't say I see many Grand Nationals... and with a production run of about 9,000 between 84 and 87... it numbers a lot less than porsche or bmw... and could, in it's day outrun them both...
Isn't the second picture a Pantera or a Bricklin?
Bricklin, from Nova Scotia
oldeguy,Apr 24 2008, 05:52 PM Wrote:Bricklin, from Nova Scotia
[right][snapback]262886[/snapback][/right]

that is correct!

[Image: DSC00008-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC00009-1.jpg]
I remember when both cars came out. (dating myself again)

The Buick was impressive because with a turbo 6 banger it was one of the few cars at the time that had 0-60mph time of about 5 seconds from the factory.

The Bricklin was a crappy slow Canadian attempt at a exotic supercar.

GNs are awesome! they are still pretty ridic these days with just a few mods
Ah the Bricklin, the political drama surrounding that thing was more impressive than the car itself ;)

NefCanuck
Why does it happen that everytime someone tries to do some cool technology in Canada it becomes a tragedy brought on by political forces (think avro aero)...
i would so get a grand national....cool car
I stand corrected. The Bricklin was built in New Brunswick, not Nova Scotia. Some were built with a Ford 351 V-8.
NikiterZTS,Apr 25 2008, 02:35 AM Wrote:i would so get a grand national....cool car
[right][snapback]262925[/snapback][/right]

I know where there is one that has been sitting for at least 2 years in the same parking spot.
dBlast,Apr 25 2008, 07:57 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Apr 25 2008, 02:35 AM Wrote:i would so get a grand national....cool car

I know where there is one that has been sitting for at least 2 years in the same parking spot.
[right][snapback]262935[/snapback][/right]

hows the condition? u know the owner?
NikiterZTS,Apr 25 2008, 03:35 AM Wrote:i would so get a grand national....cool car
Nik, there are seven for sale on Autotrader.ca. Going for $15,000 to $20,000
yea i'll pass for 15K......i found 2005 Chrysler 300C with 24K going for 12 grand
NikiterZTS,Apr 25 2008, 08:37 AM Wrote:
dBlast,Apr 25 2008, 07:57 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]262935[/snapback][/right]

hows the condition? u know the owner?
[right][snapback]262937[/snapback][/right]

one or two tires flat...some rust...I don't think I have seen it move from the parking spot so I am not sure if it even runs.

I don't know the owner but I can try to find out. I can take a picture next time I pass by if you are interested.
hey you should....i would love to see
The Bricklin... So from the era of 8-track tapes, it even looks like it's eating one!
darkpuppet,Apr 24 2008, 01:31 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Apr 24 2008, 05:20 PM Wrote:Ahh grand national isn't to rare and the other one looks like a Ferrari but i don't know my old cars that well
[right][snapback]262877[/snapback][/right]

Can't say I see many Grand Nationals... and with a production run of about 9,000 between 84 and 87... it numbers a lot less than porsche or bmw... and could, in it's day outrun them both...
[right][snapback]262881[/snapback][/right]

There about 3 stock ones that i see pretty often cruzing up and down dufferin and a few modded ones i see in woodbridge so thats why i say they arn't rare to me as for the Brick car never seen it before in my life. So that i would say is very rare
Pages: 1 2