FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Do You Think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so as i posted up the other day, i picked up a set of mercury mystique wheels off kijiji... 50$ with tires.

so i figured why not?!

so i had a paint scheme in my head for em... but it didnt turn out how i wanted it to, so i went back to drawing board, after some re sanding and removing of the paint i put on(that looked sooooo ghey) i sprayed them black... as i was looking more at them i noticed, hey that lip looks a lot like my focus wheels, why not try a red lip??

so heres how the one wheel i was having some fun on today turned out. not the greatest picture as its off my blackberry and that after just taking 20 mins to do a quick paint on it

[Image: IMG00122.jpg]

what do ya think??? o and heres how the wheel use to look
[Image: rim-1.jpg]
Not too bad man. It must be nice to have a heated work area.
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 6 2010, 11:49 AM Wrote:Not too bad man.  It must be nice to have a heated work area.
[right][snapback]300845[/snapback][/right]
Yes it is awesome lol if anyone needs a space to work on their cars tho let me know and your welcome to come by and I can give a hand aswell. Tonnes of space and plenty of tools
rims look good man. what did your original idea look like?
Well, it's certainly interesting, but the scheme reminds me of the 1960's era Batmobile (My first thought when I glanced at the paint scheme was "Where's the Bat emblem?" :lol:

NefCanuck
those wheels aren't bad. i think i had a set of those too, but the spokes looked a lil different and they came off a cougar
Looks good, now try going to a sign shop and have a decal put over the mercury logo, maybe instead of a blue ford or focus logo make it red or silver
u don't need to go sign shop, i have cutter
i have ford center caps for em off other wheels. as for original idea, it was to do in between spokes red black face and it looked stupid, to much going on.

for 50$ and using paint i used from my last set.... i like LOL

as for vinyl, my buddy has a plotter aswell
ill use the garage lol need to do my brakes