FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Guys What Do You Think Of This Deal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=242787033

2003 SVT 3door with EAP, $6,100 98k miles

its in arizona so its almost certainly rust free

could be a great deal for someone looking for an inexpensive daily driver

EDIT: when i saw this classified ad i felt a soft spot for my old silver '00 zx3 that i didn't know i had anymore :)
I'd say thats not bad considering its the EAP with the recaros. 98k miles tho? I'd say if you were rebuilding that motor for boost or something then this thing is perfect and the price is right. As a daily driver i'd be worrying about breakdowns.
Burnin21,Apr 23 2008, 04:12 AM Wrote:As a daily driver i'd be worrying about breakdowns.
[right][snapback]262673[/snapback][/right]

if the car is completely stock and has been maintained regularly, it "should" still be really solid right?
is that around 140000 KM?
naz,Apr 23 2008, 03:38 AM Wrote:
Burnin21,Apr 23 2008, 04:12 AM Wrote:As a daily driver i'd be worrying about breakdowns.
[right][snapback]262673[/snapback][/right]

if the car is completely stock and has been maintained regularly, it "should" still be really solid right?
[right][snapback]262674[/snapback][/right]
The more miles on it, the more possibilities of things falling apart ( like people), but, I would think that for that money, in Canada, it's not too bad, just be prepared tp do some maintenance on it.
NikiterZTS,Apr 23 2008, 05:20 AM Wrote:is that around 140000 KM?
[right][snapback]262676[/snapback][/right]

Closer to 160'000km. Thats a lot of miles even if its just highway. The price does seem nice;
Don't fear the miles from a car down South..
Im just saying wth 98k miles did the owner drive this SVT like a normal car or drive the balls off it? That would make a difference. But then again, the price is right and if you had $10k put away for a nice used car then this would be perfect for breakdown bumper room.
I think thats a pretty good deal considering some ZX3 still go for 5'gs with the same KM
I'll sell you my SVTF with 43,000KM :)
i'm not in the market for that SVTF just wanted to pass it on in case someone here wants to go through the importing process.. the lack of rust is a huge plus.. it will be much much easier to work on than a low miles car from the northeast that has seen a few winters.. and much less chance of random failures due to corrosion or temperature extremes