FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is It Okay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since the price of gas has gone a liitle high, almost $50.00 to fill the little tank, and I travel 100 kms minimum per day, I've started driving in the slow lane, doing 110 km/h. Is it okay to still be on this Forum?
yes.

Rode my bike to the GO station today :lol:
sure ive taken it easy aswell no more hard accelerating just crusing.
I think I cursed us all when I bought a V6 Fusion :ph34r:

Oh well, could be worse I suppose :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 22 2008, 02:07 PM Wrote:I think I cursed us all when I bought a V6 Fusion :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]262606[/snapback][/right]

yeah try driving a Freestyle AWD :) its lot more then the focus
Well with the SVT I am getting, I have to dump the high octane (91+) into the beast. These gas prices makes baby jesus cry
Yah I filled up yesterday and it cost me $52.50. Well I think im going to drive a bit slower.
NefCanuck,Apr 22 2008, 10:07 AM Wrote:I think I cursed us all when I bought a V6 Fusion :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Yeah, this could be an Expedition Forum :lol:
mo_focus,Apr 22 2008, 09:44 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 22 2008, 02:07 PM Wrote:I think I cursed us all when I bought a V6 Fusion :ph34r:

NefCanuck

yeah try driving a Freestyle AWD :) its lot more then the focus
[right][snapback]262611[/snapback][/right]

Yikes :blink: How much heavier is a Freestyle AWD than a Fusion AWD? (They use the same V6 Duratec right?)

NefCanuck
oldeguy,Apr 22 2008, 12:43 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 22 2008, 10:07 AM Wrote:I think I cursed us all when I bought a V6 Fusion :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Yeah, this could be an Expedition Forum :lol:
[right][snapback]262622[/snapback][/right]

Yeah and an Expedition has a tank that's just over twice the size of the Focus (Expedition 106L, Focus 52L, Fusion 63L) :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Let's just say the Freestar hasn't been leaving the driveway nearly as much lately...

Next time I take it out, it may be to head over to the States to pick up Focus parts and fill up with gas. :)
oldeguy,Apr 22 2008, 12:06 PM Wrote:Since the price of gas has gone a liitle high, almost $50.00 to fill the little tank, and I travel 100 kms minimum per day, I've started driving in the slow lane, doing 110 km/h. Is it okay to still be on this Forum?
[right][snapback]262589[/snapback][/right]

nothing wrong with driving close to the speed limit and saving some gas.

this isn't corner-carvers.com or some other hardcore road racing site anyway
Besides, bet you find that you're a lot more relaxed if you aren't trying to pass everyone to try and get where you're going a minute or two faster ;)

NefCanuck
I may throw on some 3M stone guard and start drafting behind transports...

If I had to drive more than 20km/week
NefCanuck,Apr 22 2008, 08:46 PM Wrote:you're a lot more relaxed
[right][snapback]262641[/snapback][/right]

when i try to drive 'calmly'.. its so stressful with everyone tail gating etc.. i actually find it less stressful to bomb down the left lane to get into an area with no cars around me

sort of counter intuitive eh?

btw... question for the OP.. how much gas mileage do you get now? is it worth driving slower?
NefCanuck,Apr 22 2008, 04:46 PM Wrote:Besides, bet you find that you're a lot more relaxed if you aren't trying to pass everyone to try and get where you're going a minute or two faster ;)

NefCanuck
I'm more relaxed going in the "fast lane" knowing I don't have to worry about everybody else.
naz,Apr 22 2008, 06:41 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 22 2008, 08:46 PM Wrote:you're a lot more relaxed

when i try to drive 'calmly'.. its so stressful with everyone tail gating etc.. i actually find it less stressful to bomb down the left lane to get into an area with no cars around me

sort of counter intuitive eh?

btw... question for the OP.. how much gas mileage do you get now? is it worth driving slower?
[right][snapback]262655[/snapback][/right]
It's worht driving slower, from a economic standpoint. In a vehicle in need of some maintenance, I'm getting 50km more per tank.
i've been stickin close to 100km/h, saves a lot of gas compared to 120 lol. i did a roadtrip to where my cottage is to open it up for the year did 100 all the way there only used 1/8th of a tank. usually i'd use 1/4 if i did 120.
best thing I can tell everyone to save some on gas is always use the cruise control unless your in stop and go traffic, and going up and down hills a lot, I did this all the time when I had the black focus, and I would see the gas tank stay full longer. you can start and set any ford cruise control at 40km/ph and up
I've just given up on caring about mileage... I've filled twice so far this week between the trip down and refilling when I got here... both fills were more than $50 for 91 octane.

I cruise control when I can but I've hit above 140 several times this week alone - and that's just keeping up with the guys that aren't doing 95 in the slow lane!
Pages: 1 2