FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Old Jdm Ride... Mad Tight!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I picked this car up 3 weeks ago, imported to Vancouver Island by Tyee Import. I paid a bit too much for it but know the engine is strong and so is the turbo. It came with the suspension bits and the Rare OZ wheels. I have been working non stop to make it better, up to my specs. Its coming a long way but still a lot to do.

1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
Origin Japan

Engine:
SR20DET 4 cylinder 2 liters
T28 Turbo (N14 version)
Quad Throttle body
Top mount intercooler
HKS sequential blow off valve
MAF Adapter Plate
K&N Air Intake 3inch
Walbro fuel pump 255 lph
300ZX Fuel Filter
Nismo Engine mount
3 inches Decat pipe
3 inches cat back exhaust
Blitz high pressure radiator cap
Updated Timing Chain Tensioner
New Nissan ignition cap and rotor
NGK Spark wires
NGK colder platinum plugs
Mobile 1 5w50
Lucas Oil Stabilizer

Handling:
Gab sport adjustable strut brace front and read
Öhlins Racing Struts & Drop springs
Cusco strut tower adjustment plates
OZ rally wheels
Stainless Mesh Braided brake lines
EBC Green Stuff Pads

Transmission:
5 speeds Manual
Attessa all wheel drive system
Rear limited slip differential
Nismo transmission mount
Lucas Oil Transmission Additive

To Come:

New tie rod ends
Spare Rebuilt Transmission
Cusco Roll Cage
11 inch disk 4 pots calipers front
Boost controler
ECU tuning with 1 bar and 1.2 bar
Good tires
Whiteline bushings thorough

[Image: IMG_0736b.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0714b.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0706b.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0854c.jpg]

[Image: 2430965018_e306f1f873_b.jpg]

[Image: 2430151523_9df66f4419_b.jpg]

[Image: 2430150981_29bcf06f96_b.jpg]
nice car!!!
gotta love AWD turbos :P
how many of them are in canada???? thats gotta be a rare car.

how much did you pay for it??
yeah I dont know how many are in canada as complete GTIR in GTIR body, maybe around 20 to 30 of them I would guess.

I paid 8900$ but it will turn more into 20 000$ total when im done with restoring/upgrading it.
The body seems to be in great shape.
Hot little car. Looks fun to drive!!!
Have fun with the modding!
nice little car
theres actually one here in guelph
castone,Apr 22 2008, 03:59 AM Wrote:nice little car
[right][snapback]262579[/snapback][/right]

yeah there seem to be a good crowd of them in ontario, I think half the members on http://www.canadagtir.com are from ontario then the other half is BC and Alberta.
fawk me.

Nice car.
Nice motor and set up as for the actual shape of the car im not crazy about it. but still a pocket rocket Plaza dealership across from yorkdale sold some of these for awhile.
Nice Mark!

Needs a good detail though! ;)
awesome! should be a fun project
Thanks Naz, I'd knew you would approve of this one. Its pretty much a Uber hatchback 4wd turbo G20 kinda...
french_connection,Apr 22 2008, 08:22 PM Wrote:Thanks Naz, I'd knew you would approve of this one. Its pretty much a Uber hatchback 4wd turbo G20 kinda...
[right][snapback]262639[/snapback][/right]

hahah yea..i've read a bit about the pulsar GTiR..

after i read Mad Tight Jdm in the title i was pretty sure i would approve :D

btw where are you getting the shop manual /wiring diagrams for that thing in english, and who was looking for it for you in japan?

if you have a reliable guy in japan could you please PM me?
I have all the pdf for the car in english, shop manual and part numbers, it came from the sunny gtir from europe. The car was already imported when I bought it.

I got all the manuals printed, costed me 145$ its like 4 phone books. lol but its got its worth!

reliable people in japan are RHDjapan I almost imported a mint R32 GTR but backd out when I looked at how extensive and expensive any mods or maintnances are. They have been refered to me many times by people who bought thousands of dollars from them. They can find any vehicle with any specs for you. if you write to them early evening you will get a reply overnight.

castone,Apr 21 2008, 10:59 PM Wrote:nice little car
[right][snapback]262579[/snapback][/right]

i know that guy....he really loves that car...he actually used to have SVT Focus...it was beat to s*** though....then he had CRX with ITR swap in it....and then he got that lil monster
That guy is in my club, he had a vortech SVTF and he kept having major problems with it. He is a really nice guy on my GTIR board, goes by the handle "GTI-RRRR".
that's a very original ride man... very nice!
Nice little ride there guy. That one picture, 4th one, looks like its up Cypress Mtn here in Van or is somewhere over on the Island?

One personal opinion suggestion though. Be careful with the Lucas products you're using. I used to be a rep for them. I won't touch the s***, much less put it into a vehicle I own over again. That's all I'm allowed to say about it.
focusracer,Apr 23 2008, 04:23 PM Wrote:Nice little ride there guy. That one picture, 4th one, looks like its up Cypress Mtn here in Van or is somewhere over on the Island?

One personal opinion suggestion though. Be careful with the Lucas products you're using. I used to be a rep for them. I won't touch the s***, much less put it into a vehicle I own over again. That's all I'm allowed to say about it.
[right][snapback]262706[/snapback][/right]

I used the tranny stuff in small percentage and it worked just fine, stopped my small leak and smoothed out the shifting. My gearbox is worn and I need to change or fix it. I like to have a temporary fix, sure is better than an oil patch where ever I park.

For the oil, I use Mobile 1 - 5W50 with like 0.4 liter of lucas stabilizer so its a very low percet put over 3.7 liters of oil.

I dunno, next time I will skip that since you tell me so. my thinking was since the car came from japan I wanted to have the extra lubrication in there for a oil change cycle to pick up some of the crap...?

oh yeah, the 4th pic is the lookout halfway up cypress, the second pic is in nanaimo. the rest are in my parking garage in Van.
Are you in Van or on the Island? I thought I saw soemthing about you living over there.
Vancouver downtown, let me know if you need help to turn a wrench, I know the focus pretty good!
Pages: 1 2