FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dupli-color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried the dupli-color rim paint?
I tried it, I'd say powdercoat em. Sure its a big chunk of change but it will last much longer and look better.
I'd have them powdercoated instead of trying to paint them.

Painted the grille on my car 3 times now, and its just chipping off getting hit with rocks and whatnot on the highway. (Time to suck it up and just buy the stupid ST grille like I should have done in the first place).

I doubt the rims would be any more "safe" on the road from getting dinged.
If you do it right it can be done no problem no chipping just do a few coats of clear
I did mine last year-ish, and still have not had a chip in the rims yet. not to mention the paint fills in any small rash on the rims, plus it's self leveling.
thanks for the tips, I sprayed my rim over the weekend it looks great hope it hold up against chips
shouldnt chip too much. Mine has a couple of chips, and I did these wheels over 3 years ago. Never touched up either, just waxed and polished twice a year.
I sprayed the rim I let it sit for 2 weeks on the porch and let the sun bake it but I had the tire put on it and the paint moved it didn't peel of or chip its like it didn't stick to the rim is there a special primer I need to use??
i also painted 3 yrs ago and still no problem..
well did u use the 3 step process primer, paint and clear. and i hope u sanded them down pretty good before u started anything else
they were sanded down very well