FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Deer Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Almost took a huge buck out the other night :( Which would have severely damaged my car. Just a quick note to watch out now that the weather is getting warmer ....... Thats the closest call I've ever had ..... my heart felt like it was going to push through my chest :lol: . Keep your eyes open boys !!!
dlb,Apr 17 2008, 09:05 AM Wrote:Almost took a huge buck out the other night  :(  Which would have severely damaged my car.  Just a quick note to watch out now that the weather is getting warmer ....... Thats the closest call I've ever had ..... my heart felt like it was going to push through my chest  :lol: .  Keep your eyes open boys !!!
[right][snapback]262246[/snapback][/right]
Are you sure that wasn't a Senator's player?
No, Senators players jump in front of trains, not cars :P

Yeah, the critters are out in force now, almost whacked a pair of squirrels on my way into work yesterday <_< Sure it won't do nearly the damage that a buck can do, but its still messy (Hell, a buck demolished my dad's '74 Cutlass years ago while my dad was doing 80 km/h! :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 17 2008, 10:12 AM Wrote:No, Senators players jump in front of trains, not cars :P

Yeah, the critters are out in force now, almost whacked a pair of squirrels on my way into work yesterday <_<  Sure it won't do nearly the damage that a buck can do, but its still messy (Hell, a buck demolished my dad's '74 Cutlass years ago while my dad was doing 80 km/h! :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]262260[/snapback][/right]

Unlike the Leafs who get run crushed by anything that moves. :P

I've had a couple of instances with the Gold Focus in the last few years. First time was narrowly avoiding a cow moose outside Petawawa. The second was hitting a dead wolf carcass on the highway, very scary experience.

The Black Focus tends to go for small game. Let me see the tally:

- Skunk hit the front bumper and probably survived with a massive headache.
- Froggy in the rain on the road. He went squish.
- Another skunk, 2 inches away from spraying. Too close.

And the grand winner, one white tail rabbit. First he darted left and saw a 4ft median. Then he darted right to see a sharp 3ft snowbank. His final thought in haste was to outrun the car. Which was a good plan for about 5 feet. He unfortunately succumbed to the same fate as the first skunk, massive headache, but then a loud crunch came afterwards. :o
Bull moose are friggin' scary.

with the larger game, all you can do is hit the horn and aim for the back legs...

tho, I think if it's a bull moose, and it ain't moving, might wanna aim for between the legs, better to have a moose testicle on your antenna than the full moose on your car!
i hit a deer back when i had a focus.. crumped by fender, messed up a headlight. the deer got up and ran away

on the upside.. it was a good excuse for me to get MACH hids :)