FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rattle Noise And Weird Sliding Motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So lately the Focus has been making a rattle noise in the front end. I was told from a mechanic where I used to work its most likely the end links. Went to a guys shop that I know and pulled the wheels off the front and tugged and twisted the end links and absolutely no movement. Also tested out the ball joints and tie rods and they were fine. Im thinking it could be struts but was wondering if it could be something else that I didnt check into?

Also I noticed yesterday that when I am going slow and turning left, I start the turn and halfway through the car jerks a bit, feels like its sliding but only when turning left (at least for now). Hard to explain the feeling but I dont like it. Any thoughts on what could be causing that?
check the torque on the axle nut, and if the torque isn't to spec, buy a new axle nut and torque it properly.

check the heatshields to see if anything is loose

next time the car is in the air grab the tire and try to 'twist' it (pull out with one hand and push in with the other hand) if the tire moves the wheel bearing is going bad

also with the balljoints sometimes it is very subtle when they are just starting to go bad. when the front right ball joint got damaged on my sube i would only notice under very specific conditions (ie slow left turn pulling into a slightly inclined driveway)

good luck!
Sounds like the CV joint. Is the boot torn?...and if so it is for sure the CV.