FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Under Hood Insulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does a 2002 Focus ZX5 come from factory with an under hood insulation pad? I have a meeting with the body shop in the morning about their poor repair job and I would like to have my info straight.
mine did not, i beleive it was on early focuses but they stopped
up to early '02 only i believe, built in '01.
built in '02, no insulation.
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 15 2008, 04:21 PM Wrote:Does a 2002 Focus ZX5 come from factory with an under hood insulation pad?  I have a meeting with the body shop in the morning about their poor repair job and I would like to have my info straight.
[right][snapback]262098[/snapback][/right]
The ZX5 was built to ZTS and ZTW equipment standards ... which for '02 means it should have had a hood insulation pad.
Just checked my wifes hood, no insulation or washer fluid. Its a 01 sedan.
Thanks mine is an 02 with a production date of 05/02. I was pretty sure it was there before the body shop replaced the hood. Another item to add to the list of thing wrong with my car post-repair.
2000, mine came with..
00 mine came with it also but i removed it
My wifes 2001 se sedan has it both under hood and under trunk lid, my 2003 zx3 has none.
Wife's 02 ZX4 has it under the hood.

Thanks for the input guys.
it's one of the items ford deleted or changed in the model years.

2000 - everything on the focus.
2001 - delete of the blue ford logos off the 15" rims
2002 - delete of the hood pads on cars built in 2002, larger ford badge on drivers airbag
2003 - delete of silver headlights, and trunk lid carpet, as well as illuminated cigarette ligher.
2004 - delete of radio lighting when off other then the clock, as well as rear seat heating ducts, auto lock sound changes.