FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Speculation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I was growing up in the '60's, I remember all the Chevy's and Ford's and Dodge's that were common, everyday cars, and my Dad saying some not very nice things about them when they broke. :lol: I have watched the Barrett-Jackson auctions when I get the time, shaking my head, remembering my buddies abusing the cars that now bring some serious cash to the owners. what do you guys think about one day, in the far, far, far, future, a Focus being auctioned off for a princely sum?
no
production numbers of almost all new cars today are so high, that they will never increase in value.

the only cars that will go for big money in the way off future will be high priced niche marketed cars and cars that had limited production runs and they are all gonna have to have low mileage.
oldeguy,Apr 15 2008, 08:54 AM Wrote:When I was growing up in the '60's, I remember all the Chevy's and Ford's and Dodge's that were common, everyday cars, and my Dad saying some not very nice things about them when they broke. :lol:  I have watched the Barrett-Jackson auctions when I get the time, shaking my head, remembering my buddies abusing the cars that now bring some serious cash to the owners. what do you guys think about one day, in the far, far, far, future, a Focus being auctioned off for a princely sum?
[right][snapback]262045[/snapback][/right]

I dunno.. I don't see too many pintos on the auction block....
darkpuppet,Apr 15 2008, 10:37 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Apr 15 2008, 08:54 AM Wrote:When I was growing up in the '60's, I remember all the Chevy's and Ford's and Dodge's that were common, everyday cars, and my Dad saying some not very nice things about them when they broke. :lol:  I have watched the Barrett-Jackson auctions when I get the time, shaking my head, remembering my buddies abusing the cars that now bring some serious cash to the owners. what do you guys think about one day, in the far, far, far, future, a Focus being auctioned off for a princely sum?
[right][snapback]262045[/snapback][/right]

I dunno.. I don't see too many pintos on the auction block....
[right][snapback]262057[/snapback][/right]
SVT?
Maybe if we had the RS.
darkpuppet,Apr 15 2008, 10:37 AM Wrote:I dunno.. I don't see too many pintos on the auction block....

True that ... but you do see the odd Cosworth Vega now and again.
i think the RS, ST or SVT versions probably have the best chance of bring $$$.. or maybe a privateer team will sell a Group N focus rally car one day
believe it or not N02 Focus went throught the Barrett Jackson and sold for about $35 which is just around sticker price was about the same
ZTWsquared,Apr 15 2008, 11:39 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 15 2008, 10:37 AM Wrote:I dunno.. I don't see too many pintos on the auction block....

True that ... but you do see the odd Cosworth Vega now and again.
[right][snapback]262066[/snapback][/right]

yup.. it all depends on the car...

a recent report said that the new Toyota YJ Cruiser (IIRC) is currently the most collectible car. Followed by a few mustangs and other specialty vehicles... but the Toyota Cruiser is probably the most affordable 'collectible' at this point.
Maybe if the Pope owned it at one time.