FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Roof Bars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so i go into the local dealership and enquire about roof bars, my wagon has the factory fitted roof rails, thought i may as well make use of the load carrying space.
yep, we have them in stock, yep, they come as a pair, with all the fittings.. oh and with tax they are a touch over $500 !!!!!!!!! :o

Geeeeez

$250 a bar, and it isnt even gold!!

So, any idea who might sell a suitable alternative that wont break the bank, or has anyone got a pair to sell, im in Calgary and its an 05 model.
I'd hit the scrapers, and make sure to get all the little pieces, 4 thumbscrews, 4 threaded locking tabs. Without those 8 little pieces the rails are useless.
Oh and the rails install from the front, that way they'll never slide backwards and off the roof Griswold style.

You can find universal roof cross bars that will clamp onto the rails. Some look good and some are fugly.

What are you planning to use them for? canoe? bikes? aunt Edna?
Yah try a scap yard or see if Yakima or Thule have them. Id even try Ebay.
Too bad you are not in Toronto. There is a junk yard here that had it. Its a red wagon with the roof rails.

As others have mentioned. just call the wreckers.

Here is a site to help you.

http://car-part.com/