FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Caution To Users Of Fingerprint Readers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a finger print reader on my home computer... just makes it simpler to log in (why type when you can swipe).

Well, after swapping 8 tires, and washing cars this weekend, it turns out my fingers got dried/chapped from the dust/chemicals and the finger print reader no longer recognizes half of my fingers on my right hand.

So those who run fingerprint scanners -- head this warning...

make sure you register all your digits and remember your password..

there are circumstances where your prints may be unreadable for a short while.

you may also wish to use hand lotion to keep your identity soft and supple
interesting...I was looking at those finger print door knobs they have for sale at Home depot...wonder if the same issues could apply to these ones.
Darkpuppet, time to upgrade to a Retina Scanner, lol..

pfft sweet please scan all your digit's into your unsecure home PC (don't tell me it's secure) and make for biometric identity theft in the future.. AWESOME!
ZED_not_zee,Apr 14 2008, 06:48 PM Wrote:pfft sweet please scan all your digit's into your unsecure home PC (don't tell me it's secure)  and make for biometric identity theft in the future.. AWESOME!
[right][snapback]262005[/snapback][/right]

Ya. give me 2 minutes with your system and I'll be right in amongst the files, doing all sorts of fiendish things to them...muahahahahahahaha...then steal your prints and do a few crimes, leaving them behind for all to find (as printouts of course) :lol: :lol:

Tho I do see what Zed means...the more you put on an unsecure machine, the easier it is for someone to steal data about you. I could literally bypass those things in a couple of minutes with access to the machine......
Scorpion,Apr 14 2008, 07:05 PM Wrote:Ya. give me 2 minutes with your system and I'll be right in amongst the files, doing all sorts of fiendish things to them...muahahahahahahaha...then steal your prints and do a few crimes, leaving them behind for all to find (as printouts of course)  :lol:  :lol:

Tho I do see what Zed means...the more you put on an unsecure machine, the easier it is for someone to steal data about you. I could literally bypass those things in a couple of minutes with access to the machine......
[right][snapback]262007[/snapback][/right]

Meh..Script Kiddies don't scare me....
meh, haxorz think theyre king shizzit thats why we have passwords.