FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ughhhh Potholes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
last night i hit a pot hole sohard it triped my fuel pump switch ....
but the rim is not bent at alll thankfullly .....

so guys if you happen to hit a pothole and your car just putters to a stop check the fuel pump cut off switch
_JC_,Apr 6 2008, 03:14 PM Wrote:last night i hit a pot hole sohard it triped my fuel pump switch ....

so guys if you happen to hit a pothole and your car just putters to a stop check the fuel pump cut off switch
[right][snapback]261378[/snapback][/right]

I hit one last year and the heat shield has been dragging ever since.
i ninja the potholes :ph34r: or at least try to :lol:
i've been driving slow.....so potholes don't bother me
i dunno i find at night is the worst ..i am not gonna drive 30 whereever i have to go...i cant just pay attention to whats in front ihave look far ahead ...but then again my eyes are shot ......

i try to avoid them whenever possible ....staying in the left hand lane helps alot but theres always that one person going extreamly slow in in and i need to swing in the right then Wamoooooo thats when they hit

what sucks is when u see it coming and u cant avoid it because somebody is right beside you ....
I was doing a hard right turn and hit a big-a$$ pothole with the left front. Didn't think anything of it until I found on Friday morning that I had a flat. One 700km used winter tire destroyed as it cut through the side wall. And I didn't buy it where they do road hazard warranty! Dammit!
I drive with 50 series tires on a tire/rim combo that weighs in at nearly 45 lbs/wheel..

Maybe not the snappiest handling, but the potholes get out of my way. like I was chuck norris

but seriously -- there's bumps and cracks in the road that would have me cringe in the focus (and in my GF's altima), that the stang just steamrolls (with a bit of cowl shake)...

it's quite undramatic.
They've been pretty horrible over in Scarborough. My suspension is starting to tell me that its had enough (its making some pretty yucky creaks and groans anymore, and only 42k miles on the odometer!)..

The neighbor's van got eaten by a pothole on Warden & Sheppard a couple weeks ago.. $500 later to replace the rim, tire, and some other minor damage to the goodies there.
I say my broken sway bar is due to the pounding it has taken this year. Sway bar is on it's way, and end links are sitting at UPS store (along with flex pipe) waiting my pickup.

Ryan
_JC_,Apr 6 2008, 11:14 AM Wrote:last night i hit a pot hole sohard it triped my fuel pump switch ....

[right][snapback]261378[/snapback][/right]

I've done that once I though it was an intercooler pipe that came loose the way the car just coasted to a stop after me getting it towed diagnoised "fuel pump" upgrading the fuel pump which i was gonna do anyways still didn't work then they founf out it was the fuel kill switch
im winning againts potholes but im 0-2 against curbs :(