FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rims Sizes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

If I'm measuring bolt hole sizes etc, is it the diagonal center to center measurement I use? i.e. 108mm for mine? :unsure:

thanks,

S.
4 x 108mm and offset btw 42mm~47mm..
Thx Kona, I appreciate the answer.

S.
hey just a thought on offsets

52.5mm is stock for normal Focuses. 49mm is stock for SVTs

from a rubbing standpoint, 42mm apparently will give you some rub depending how you drive, what tire you run and how much you are lowered

from a driving dynamics standpoint i recommend trying to keep your new wheels as close to stock as possible. you can do your own research on this, but basically the wheel offset is an integral part of the suspension design (remember that the suspension's primary job is to keep the contact patches on the road at all times), and if you deviate from the OE offset you are essentially messing with your suspension

from a show pointz stand point this doesn't matter as long as the wheel is 'maD tYtE' but ya.. if this is a performance mod, proceed with caution re the offset
naz,Apr 4 2008, 04:46 PM Wrote:hey just a thought on offsets

52.5mm is stock for normal Focuses. 49mm is stock for SVTs

from a rubbing standpoint, 42mm apparently will give you some rub depending how you drive, what tire you run and how much you are lowered

from a driving dynamics standpoint i recommend trying to keep your new wheels as close to stock as possible.  you can do your own research on this, but basically the wheel offset is an integral part of the suspension design (remember that the suspension's primary job is to keep the contact patches on the road at all times), and if you deviate from the OE offset you are essentially messing with your suspension

from a show pointz stand point this doesn't matter as long as the wheel is 'maD tYtE' but ya.. if this is a performance mod, proceed with caution re the offset
[right][snapback]261288[/snapback][/right]

No, nothing special going on with my fofo, just want some rims (steelies) to put summers on, save keep changing them over....and the fact that the rims I got with the car are 14's. I think the standards are 15's, no?
Scorpion,Apr 4 2008, 09:13 PM Wrote:No, nothing special going on with my fofo, just want some rims (steelies) to put summers on, save keep changing them over....and the fact that the rims I got with the car are 14's. I think the standards are 15's, no?
[right][snapback]261292[/snapback][/right]

you should think about getting falken azenis RT615 in the 195/60/14 size and mounting them on what you have now. many will tell you that a '60 series' sidewall isn't good for performance.. that logic works for street oriented tires but for r compounds and extremely aggressive summer tires (like the azenis) that logic goes out the window because the sidewall is crazy stiff. i had azenis in that size on my teg and i never had issues with the sidewall rolling over.. even at autoX.. this would be your best bang for the buck approach

if you are set on getting wheels, i recommend a set of OE 'take-off' wheels from someone selling their stock wheels. i believe the early ZTS wheels were the lightest 15" wheels, so i would try to find those.

also, i'm pretty sure the contour and cougar use the same bolt circle and similar offset to the focus, so those cars could be great sources for OE wheels as well

EDIT: personally, i purchased 15" steelies off a contour for winter tires back when i had a focus
Ya, I think I have found a guy selling his steelies from a 2005 Focus, so I'm going to try to grab them I think. Then when it's time, I can mount the summers.

But.... I'll also think about what you said about the azenis'. I'm not worried about performance :D ...I drive a 2000 wagon with da SPI lol.

thanks Naz
you should totally use that SPI '00 wagon to spank people at autoX. :)

i've seen the most unlikely vehicles get amazing raw times with just driver and good tires.. a lot of people (myself included) have a lot of respect for drivers who can use underpowered cars to hang in the turns