FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Has Been Written Off :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Subject line says it all folks :(

Got the bad news from the adjuster this morning, now comes the arguments over the cars value... apparently nearly every bolt that holds the motor in place was either sheared off or damn close to it... Good job I didn't have the engine & tranny in my lap.

Now the new car hunt begins :(

NefCanuck
oh man that sucks! :( I'm really sorry to hear!
that's too bad your car was sharp and would have liked to see what it would have looked like this year with all your new mods

Have they told you if you can take your mods off?

Hope it turns out well! and maybe a 08 focus coupe? ;)
hopefully you can get all your mods. gl on the new search
Unfortunately, the outcome isn't what you wanted, but the outcome most of us are happy with is that the car did it's job, is replaceable, and you're still around to pimp out a new one ;)

Hopefully you can salvage some of your mods and move forward with bigger, better things.
Sorry to hear Dan... best of luck on the hunt for a new car. Are you still gonna try and find a similar Focus around the same year, or have you changed your mind?
As we all have stated before, the main thing is you haven't been written off. If you can, try and get as many of your mods off of it, see if any will fit on a newer Focus, and bribe a few of those that can, to put them on a newer one for you. ( Maybe your shouldn't try to get the Leafs decal off though :lol: ) Or get as many parts off and start a fund raiser for the new car.
Well the insurarance company should let you take off your mods if you put the stock ones on or at least leave them with the car (like mine did, statefarm) Well like everyone said at least your ok.
Thats too bad if u really wanted to keep it you should have let me know theres a shop i know that knows all the adjusters in his area so if you don't want ur car written off he can pull some strings if this happens to anyone else knock on wood let me know and see what they can do for yaa
You should be able to put stock parts for modded parts now, Dan, if my memory serves correctly.
NefCanuck,Apr 3 2008, 06:54 PM Wrote:Subject line says it all folks  :( 

Got the bad news from the adjuster this morning, now comes the arguments over the cars value... apparently nearly every bolt that holds the motor in place was either sheared off or damn close to it... Good job I didn't have the engine & tranny in my lap.

Now the new car hunt begins :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]261143[/snapback][/right]

the car really did its job to keep you in one piece. i'm glad you are ok.
sorry to hear the bad news

don't settle for what they offer you as "replacement value" .. i manged to squezee almost 2k more out of them when they wrote my focus off last sept. ... all they look at is what similar used models are going for in the auto trader, buy and sell, and such

good luck with the new car hunt
schade,Apr 3 2008, 04:39 PM Wrote:sorry to hear the bad news

don't settle for what they offer you as "replacement value" .. i manged to squezee almost 2k more out of them when they wrote my focus off last sept. ... all they look at is what similar used models are going for in the auto trader, buy and sell, and such

good luck with the new car hunt
[right][snapback]261175[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, yeah well, I know what the local Ford dealers are selling them for and that's my argument. I had a Ford dealer purchased car, a Ford dealer maintained car and I'll be damned if I'm going to let them lowball me by claiming that a Focus bought or sold any other way (and god only knows how it was maintained) is equivalent to my car <_<

NefCanuck
SL8RZZX3,Apr 3 2008, 02:03 PM Wrote:that's too bad your car was sharp and would have liked to see what it would have looked like this year with all your new mods

Have they told you if you can take your mods off?
[right][snapback]261146[/snapback][/right]

The problem is that either the mods are impossible to remove (The dash appliqué) or got crunched in the accident (The MBRP is apparently bent at the cat owing to everything shifting and the Steeda SRI got clobbered too) or I don't have the stock items (wheels & tires)

I could get the HVAC knobs I suppose :( and I have the stock '05 airbox with 32K on it...

I still have the new wheels being held for me, if I do go Focus again I can use them there and I have the S2 side skirts still (of course if I go '08 Focus then I have to get those friggin' tire pressure sensors to install them in the wheels)

NefCanuck
IMHO dump the parts for whatever you can get and forget about the mods.. you knew whatever $ you put into the car was never coming back at resale /claim time right?

get another car.. one that is so different and so clearly superior to your old on that you won't be tempted to make comparisons

i recommend a '03+ boxster S, V8 S4, or E46 m3 (if you are willing to roll the dice with maintenance).. a STi would work too if you don't mind sacrificing branding for speed
Sorry to hear it, Dan. :(

Remember when I was talking about the shear bolts on the motor frame? (At least I think it was you.)

Engine goes down and under, passenger compartment goes up and over. Looks like it worked...
OAC_Sparky,Apr 3 2008, 07:11 PM Wrote:Sorry to hear it, Dan. :(

Remember when I was talking about the shear bolts on the motor frame? (At least I think it was you.)

Engine goes down and under, passenger compartment goes up and over. Looks like it worked...
[right][snapback]261192[/snapback][/right]

Actually that's why when he said it, I didn't have the reaction he expected I think ;)

He was expecting the "whaddya mean the bolts holding the engine in place sheared?"

NefCanuck
naz,Apr 3 2008, 06:56 PM Wrote:get another car.. one that is so different and so clearly superior to your old on that you won't be tempted to make comparisons

i recommend a '03+ boxster S, V8 S4, or E46 m3 (if you are willing to roll the dice with maintenance).. a STi would work too if you don't mind sacrificing branding for speed
[right][snapback]261191[/snapback][/right]

Problem with all those choices is that the control layout isn't ideal for my physical limitations (IE: gotta be autobox and the closer the controls and the more controls that I can reach without taking my hands off the steering wheel the better)

EG: A Fusion SEL has all of the major controls I need on the steering wheel (radio/HVAC) and has the wiper controls on the left side combined with the turn signal stalk...

A new Focus wouldn't have the HVAC controls on the wheel but the radio ones at least...

NefCanuck
You know what you really want and if you need help locating one States side, I'm your guy and am willing to travel. In fact, I am heading to Florida April 13th and would be happy to bring one home with me. :D
NefCanuck,Apr 3 2008, 08:32 PM Wrote:He was expecting the "whaddya mean the bolts holding the engine in place sheared?"
[right][snapback]261193[/snapback][/right]
Yeah. But I didn't think that when I'd told you that you'd be trying it out so soon. :blink:
Pages: 1 2 3