FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It Has Returned (with Pictures!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I sent my focus off to the body shop 2 weeks ago from the hit and run fender bender back on Dec 10th, so this is what is looked like about 2 weeks ago.

[Image: accidentrepair1.jpg]

[Image: accidentrepair2.jpg]

[Image: accidentrepair3.jpg]

This one was taken this morning before I picked it up. :D

[Image: accidentrepair4.jpg]

and I just got it back tonight. (these photos are off my blackberry) so the car is in it's cove once again :)

[Image: IMG00004-20100202-1805.jpg]

[Image: IMG00005-20100202-1805.jpg]
Could they not make the yellow match?
now that I have it back, quick question, So I have not done the allignment on the car as of yet, and I just got my new tires, should I put the tires on first or should I do the allignment first then put the new tires on?
hardk0re,Feb 2 2010, 07:59 PM Wrote:Could they not make the yellow match?
[right][snapback]300633[/snapback][/right]

Actually the fenders still don't match, if they were the originals they would have touched them up too, but the insurance company said no to painting them too. plus I have to get the back part for the side marker light that got torn out... :rolleyes:
From my experience and by having to replace a set of tires, for gods sake get the alignment done first before you get new tires. I went through a set of tires just after getting my Eibach springs installed and waiting a week for them to settle. Why didn't the body shop have it aligned after the accident?
Frost__2001,Feb 2 2010, 07:00 PM Wrote:now that I have it back, quick question, So I have not done the allignment on the car as of yet, and I just got my new tires, should I put the tires on first or should I do the allignment first then put the new tires on?
[right][snapback]300634[/snapback][/right]
New tires on first, then alignment.
meford4u,Feb 2 2010, 07:07 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Feb 2 2010, 07:00 PM Wrote:now that I have it back, quick question, So I have not done the allignment on the car as of yet, and I just got my new tires, should I put the tires on first or should I do the allignment first then put the new tires on?
[right][snapback]300637[/snapback][/right]

Only if it is done the same day.
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 2 2010, 08:08 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 2 2010, 07:07 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]300637[/snapback][/right]

Only if it is done the same day.
[right][snapback]300638[/snapback][/right]

well that was the plan if I did that.
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 2 2010, 08:06 PM Wrote:Why didn't the body shop have it aligned after the accident?

[right][snapback]300636[/snapback][/right]

because the allignment needing to get done was from me avoiding hitting an idiot on that freeze 3 weeks ago, it was either hit him or hit the curb, and I told the insurance company I'd rather pay for it myself then take a clam as then I'd not get a marking on file for having a claim.

it's why I had to replace the alloy / rim before I sent it in for the repairs.

all the repairs to the front end are from the bone head running off rather then do the right thing and exchange insurance info. So the police took care of that part of tracking him down for it, and he was charged, and admitted fault.
That explains everything. Hope to see you out and about this summer at a Monday meet.
Glad you got it back did you need to get anothe euro bumper or did they salvage yours.
cool that you got your car all fixed up

how many yellows dows it have now? ;)

what tires are you getting?