FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Know This Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here is the link,
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...66&adid=6771060

For a while I've been looking for a car to replace my Lease that is up in a few months (may). I pretty much had my eye on a Mustang, but the way gas prices go, I think I will be getting to know my local gas station attendant rather quickly. Sooooo, I am thinking of buying a focus again. I found this one on autotrader. Low km's has an intake, now sure if its a Cold air, or just a ram air style. Maily I don't want someones track car, one that has been beeaten on. If anyone knows this car give me a heads up on it pls..

Looks sharp with the white racing stripes.....

Can't see it being beaten on too hard with only 60 K on it. i'd ask about the stock air box, just so you have all the stock parts and they're not cheap to replace.
it looks amazing with those stripes. and it seems like the guy took care of it, at least to me, most people don't do random little mods like that strut bar if they dont really care.
12,800 for a 2002????? That seems a little high in price if you ask me. Shop the US and get a Euro SVT for the same or less and have a unique car. I've seen the Euro SVT with less than 20000miles for less $$$$.
looks great, but overpriced IMO!!!
personaly i wouldn't buy SVTF for more then 10 grand......no offence to SVT owners but the car is over hyped for they money that most people ask for it.......im speaking from personal experience where i have test drove 3 different SVTF's.........look around i've seen some of those cars go from $7000 to $9500

yes this one looks pretty by the way.....and it has cold air intake
car looks like it's in great shape...seats don't even look like they've been sat in! I'd try talking them down in price tho...
SL8RZZX3,Mar 30 2008, 01:27 PM Wrote:Can't see it being beaten on too hard with only 60 K on it.
[right][snapback]260827[/snapback][/right]

haha.. that's funny. many tracks are under 3 miles long so you can put many many track miles on a car that has 60k on the odometer.. in fact.. i would think the opposite of you. with such low miles that car was probably someone's weekend toy.. IMHO you better believe each and every time that car was started the engine was redline multiple times

meford and i are on the same page about shopping in the US. you should do that instead. also i've seen multiple WRXs in the US for 12k, so think about that before getting a 12k FWD car

For that price i'll sell you my car :) I'm being serious here..
^^^ +1
i think you should go with Kev's S/C focus....the car is in mint condition
hardk0re,Mar 30 2008, 05:32 PM Wrote:For that price i'll sell you my car :)  I'm being serious here..
[right][snapback]260857[/snapback][/right]
I think aaron would even part with his car for that price.
i would also sell my car for that price
Yeah this price is pretty high. I paid $9500 for a '02 SVTF with 88km from a dealer in December.

Also, if it doesn't have the stock airbox be careful, the CAI is dangerous in the winter, tons of cases of issues with SVT (and all cars for that matter) with puddles/slush.

I personally would go with a zx3 for $6000 and get a Supercharger/turbo :)
SL8RZZX3,Mar 30 2008, 08:27 AM Wrote:Can't see it being beaten on too hard with only 60 K on it.

:lol: My '02 was mint when I sold it with 40k on it. But I did beat the crap out of it everyday, the way it should be.
I remember someone here or there asking if anyone had taken their's to redline. I said how I did it at least 6-7 times on my 23km trek to work everyday, and then even more on the way home if I took the scenic route.

Some of us here could do an OASIS of this SVTF with the VIN if you'd like.
Well... it all depends on what you plan on doing with the car. Do you want to make it a drag beast.... do you want to make it a track car..... do you want to auto-x with it..... or do you want to just keep it as your Daily Driver with some spirited driving involved???

If you want a car that has more low-end than high end power.... go with a ZX3 NON SVT..... if you want one that is more of a higher end/mid-range powerd car.... go with the SVT.

If you don't care about either, and you just want an all around nicer car... go with the SVT. You can't match the SVT in features/handling/performance/overall look with a ZX3.....

The seats in the SVT are sexy... the 6disc player with stock 8'' subwoofer is a GREAT system for those who don't demand very much in an audio system. Front speakers even have tweeters in them! The handling is very good for spirited drivers. The braking on the SVT is AMAZING compared to that of the non SVT. Gas mileage is about the same as a ZX3..... (depends how you drive it of course).... only downfall being that you REQUIRE the 91 octane due to the high compression. The SVT motor has VCT (Fords VTEC) so you will get a different tone in your exhaust and more pull at 5000RPM.... the 6spd is nice for gas mileage when you're just cruisin (or lugging the car, depends how you drive :P).

As you can probably tell, I own an SVT. That being said.... before my SVT I had a 2003 Focus ZX5 fully loaded (leather/heated seats/sunroof etc).... and I currently also own a 2005 Focus ZX4 with the same options (leather/heated seats/sunroof etc).

BY far, as a normal daily driver car... i'd hands down go for the SVT over anything.

BUT...... THAT ONE IS ASKING WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!! Unless the guy has some MAJOR work done to it, its not worth $12000.... out here in BC it might be worth 12, but not in Ontario..... Find youreslf a cheaper SVT :D
I'm not raggin on the ZX3 though, theyre still nice cars..... just that the SVT is nicer B)
I had the same (Ractive) strut tower bar on the SPI. I'd say it's at least 1500 too high, tho.
Are you really set on a hatch? If not, you could get an '05 ST for less money and roughly the same mileage - and although the handling isn't quite as sharp as the SVT it is nicely balanced and the power is excellent relatively speaking.

laidman,Mar 30 2008, 09:07 AM Wrote:Here is the link,
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...66&adid=6771060

For a while I've been looking for a car to replace my Lease that is up in a few months (may).  I pretty much had my eye on a Mustang, but the way gas prices go, I think I will be getting to know my local gas station attendant rather quickly.  Sooooo, I am thinking of buying a focus again.  I found this one on autotrader.  Low km's has an intake, now sure if its a Cold air, or just a ram air style.  Maily I don't want someones track car, one that has been beeaten on.  If anyone knows this car give me a heads up on it pls..
[right][snapback]260826[/snapback][/right]
SVTGuy02,Apr 1 2008, 09:54 AM Wrote:This MAY sway your decision :)

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focussvt/2004/...umerreview.html
[right][snapback]260975[/snapback][/right]

is that in states?
i found this one at a local dealer

Pages: 1 2 3