FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Check Google Today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I ate spicy Lemon Pepper Chicken for supper and watched a movie on TV.

I'm more worried about making my next house completely "off the grid" than I am about this Earth Hour s***e. Every single bulb in the house is a CFL bulb or a standard fluorescent bulb. My main heat is natural gas.

For a 35-year old house with no central heating, that's about as good as it gets.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 31 2008, 12:59 PM Wrote:I ate spicy Lemon Pepper Chicken for supper and watched a movie on TV.

I'm more worried about making my next house completely "off the grid" than I am about this Earth Hour s***e. Every single bulb in the house is a CFL bulb or a standard fluorescent bulb. My main heat is natural gas.

For a 35-year old house with no central heating, that's about as good as it gets.
[right][snapback]260894[/snapback][/right]

So what is your source of heat then? Wood? In theory you could upgrade the windows (if you haven't done so already) because 35 year old windows would let so much air in and out even when closed that they might as well just be open :lol:

For Earth Hour I just watched HNIC in the dark (No way am I missing a Leafs game, esp. when they're handing the Habs their heads :D)

NefCanuck
A natural gas fireplace and a natural gas forced air heater in the basement (with an elec blower) are my main sources of heat with baseboards for backup / extra heat when needed. I hardly use them (the thermostats are set to 12C, currently).
Aka,Mar 31 2008, 10:16 AM Wrote:I think however Toronto will sort your recycling for you now. I recall when I lived in Etobicoke they'd sent me a pamphlet saying something like that. It obviously wont get sorted in the normal garbage, but if you put cardboard in with the cans, it'll get sorted. Apparently.
[right][snapback]260892[/snapback][/right]

yea.... well better to put cardboard in with cans than put cardboard in with garbage.

And yea..... by the time the NEXT generation of oil is created there may not even BE a next generation of oil based on the amount of carnage the earth is taking from us.
But yaa Google comes up with some cool stuff on there main page that is what this thread is about remember
SVTGuy02,Mar 31 2008, 10:05 AM Wrote:Alot of other provinces though, use ALOT less environmentally friendly means of creating the electricity. Coal power, Gas Power (Alberta) , and Nuclear (Ontario). Talk about dirty means of energy production.
Nuclear power isn't "dirty". It only creates radioactive waste that i think gets buried 550 meters under Sudbury or something like that.

Over 70% of Ontario's electricity gets generated by Hydro and Nuclear.
crazikev,Apr 2 2008, 03:14 PM Wrote:
SVTGuy02,Mar 31 2008, 10:05 AM Wrote:Alot of other provinces though, use ALOT less environmentally friendly means of creating the electricity. Coal power, Gas Power (Alberta) , and Nuclear (Ontario). Talk about dirty means of energy production.
Nuclear power isn't "dirty". It only creates radioactive waste that i think gets buried 550 meters under Sudbury or something like that.

Over 70% of Ontario's electricity gets generated by Hydro and Nuclear.
[right][snapback]261077[/snapback][/right]

Nuclear is defently not dirty way

on the side not
at first they hold it(waste) in the special pools of water for aprox. 10 years
Pages: 1 2