FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help! New Drums = New Lights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i need some help.....

My buddy and i did the rear drums, shoes and bearings on my Mom's zx5...

well now the ABS and traction control lights are on!! i tried disconnecting the battery, and no luck!

On a side note my buddy got me an awsome deal on premium drums that came with the bearings already pressed in, and they aren't that ugly flat black like from factory and aren't supposed to rust!!

Thanx in advance!
Gord
SL8RZZX3,Mar 27 2008, 10:54 PM Wrote:Hey guys i need some help.....

My buddy and i did the rear drums, shoes and bearings on my Mom's zx5...

well now the ABS and traction control lights are on!! i tried disconnecting the battery, and no luck!

On a side note my buddy got me an awsome deal on premium drums that came with the bearings already pressed in, and they aren't that ugly flat black like from factory and aren't supposed to rust!!

Thanx in advance!
Gord
[right][snapback]260720[/snapback][/right]
Did the new drums have the ABS sensor ring installed? If you look at the old drums, you will see ring on the "inside" of the drum (hard to describe it's exact location). This ring is what the ABS sensor "sees" to detect wheel slip. When I did my rear disc conversion, I had to transfer this ring from the old drum hubs to the new disc hubs.

If you have to transfer the ring, take your time getting it off the old hubs, it's not a heavy duty piece of equipment and could be damaged. Another option would be to buy some new sensor rings from Ford.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Thanx imack!! yeah it was that we forgot to transfer the ABS ring over!

Yeah my buddy priced out new rings and they were like $60 each!!

so it is well worth it to transfer them and very easy