FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ps3 Guys -- Warhawk On Sale On The Psn Store
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's cool about WarHawk is that they update it to change the gameplay, add new weapons and vehicles and such.

This month there are two updates; one free with a couple new weapons (v1.3) and an expansion pack.

I'll pick it up... pencil me in for next Sunday...
Ok.. I picked it up at futureshop for $39 at lunch today..

I'm free most of sunday if anyone's up for playing :)
darkpuppet,Apr 4 2008, 11:59 AM Wrote:Ok.. I picked it up at futureshop for $39 at lunch today..

I'm free most of sunday if anyone's up for playing :)
[right][snapback]261249[/snapback][/right]

I'm heading to SQ1 to talk to my bank tonight, I'll see if a copy is at any of the usual suspects there ;)

Not like I won't be home Sunday :(

NefCanuck
Woot! We can set up a FocusCanada Server!
OAC_Sparky,Apr 4 2008, 02:01 PM Wrote:Woot! We can set up a FocusCanada Server!
[right][snapback]261261[/snapback][/right]

I'm all in! until GT5:Prologue hits :P

see you boys online... I'll try to install and get it all upgraded tonight :P
I set up a clan (FC.net Recon)... invites sent to the one guy on my buddy list who has the game.

will send out other invites as folks join.
Okay grabbed a copy from HMV (The only place in SQ1 that had a copy w/o the headset) now to install the sucker and update it (Hello Sympatico HS :lol:)

NefCanuck
Make sure that you take a minute to get at a basic handle on the controls. Experiment a little with some of the settings -- personally I swap U/D on a few settings to match a few other games I'm used to.

So when do you want to get together? I'm free tomorrow, we can set up a server and can give a few tutorials and stuff -- I can set it up so that you're on the opposite team but we can still talk.

About the clan invite -- I can't join at the moment because I'm already a pledge to an organized team. :(
I should be up sometime around 11AM or so, so just pick a time (I think I've found my calling in Warhawk... manning the overhead guns near the flags in CTF games :D)

NefCanuck
What's your PSNID? Mine's "Skyanide "

<Edit: Never mind Dan, I found you and I'll add you next time I'm on.>

PS. anyone that sends me a friend request, in the note please tell me who you are ie Nef from FocusCanada. I decline requests from people I don't know -- I don't need 14 year olds on my buddy list
I suck! ... still getting the hang of the controls... gonna take a while :S

the game's a lot more complicated than most FPSes...
Sorry I couldn't talk. By the time you logged in my mic needed charged. What we've gotta do is get together in a private game and run over a few of the tips and strategy.
OAC_Sparky,Apr 6 2008, 05:43 PM Wrote:Sorry I couldn't talk. By the time you logged in my mic needed charged. What we've gotta do is get together in a private game and run over a few of the tips and strategy.
[right][snapback]261394[/snapback][/right]

yeah, I'd be in for that.

If you're up for playing later.. give me a shout.

416-481-1320
ok.. question.. how the hell do you beat a lock-on with a machine gun?

I mean, I figured out that as long as the trigger's down, you'll lock onto a guy. But how do you break a lock on yourself?

I'm dyin' here!
I just find a place to camp, I'm either a gunner or a driver, don't have the skill for anything else :P

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Apr 6 2008, 09:33 PM Wrote:ok.. question.. how the hell do you beat a lock-on with a machine gun?

I mean, I figured out that as long as the trigger's down, you'll lock onto a guy.  But how do you break a lock on yourself? 

I'm dyin' here!
[right][snapback]261415[/snapback][/right]
-Keep moving.
-Jump
-Run behind something.

The key is that as long as his recticle is within so much distance it'll keep following you. If you're unpredictable you have a better chance of breaking it. Move forward/backward diagonally, not straight toward/away from the enemy.

Other tips:

- don't blow your load. Wait until you have a lock BEFORE you start shooting.
- keep moving during reload. Shooting him from 150' away when you don't have a lock, you've wasted half a clip before you're in range and you've lost the element of surprise and he has a full clip on you while you reload.
- try to time your movement so that you make him waste ammo, while he reloads finish him off.
Other things to keep in mind:

- When you look at the server list, you guys want to be in Level 1 Servers, unless you want to join me in a Level 2 (I can't go into Level 1 servers because my rank's too high -- although I might start a second subaccount to join you. That way I can join your clan)

Do not venture into Level 4 servers at this point, unless you're prepared for a good spanking

- Don't shoot at stuff aroung you for no reason. I know it's fun, but when you're in a tank and the enemy isn't facing you you're not on his radar. When you shoot stuff (ie 4x4 machine gun, tank, etc) it shows up and blows your cover.

- If you spawn and you and another guy arrive at a plane at the same time, the first guy is the pilot, the second the passenger. If you're the pilot, unless you have a mic and the passenger says otherwise drop down for a sec to let the guy out or drop him off at his own plane. Because he's a hostage. It's just common courtesy.

- Listen -- for mines, for snipers, and for someone swinging a knife.
yeah... the knife thing...

there I was shooting at the guy... and he came running at me with a knife..

in this instance knife > machine gun...

I'm much better at dog fighting than ground trooping right now.... as long as there's not ground troops with rockets, that is.

I do have to learn to shoot more smartly... my trigger finger's a bit too itchy.

Have to get to grips with getting away from the guy who's shooting me, even if it means letting the other dude go.

I've been starting my own servers, picking the things I want to play with... however I have stumbled into a couple ranked servers (and one with a bunch of mumbling pot heads) until I figured some things out.

I like the blind grenade toss when someone goes jumping off a ledge. Grenades always seem to land before they do...

anyhoo.. I have to admit, it's damn good fun... love nef, "I got killed in my goddam tank!"... next time I'll just check my bicycles for the tools I'm looking for and join earlier.
darkpuppet,Apr 6 2008, 10:03 PM Wrote:anyhoo.. I have to admit, it's damn good fun... love nef, "I got killed in my goddam tank!"... next time I'll just check my bicycles for the tools I'm looking for and join earlier.
[right][snapback]261425[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Dear god you know how hard it is to self censor yourself when you have a mike that's open and you're getting pwned every which way but loose? :lol:

The knifers have guts, I'll give them that :D

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2 3