FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Well I Got Me A New Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I finally did it I got a new car. It wasn't the Fusion that I wanted but I came to the realization that I need to pay off my student loan so I went with another Focus. Its a 08 SES standard. I was amazed on how much better the car drives, the steering is sharper and the whole car feels more solid. I do miss the 2.3 that was in my ST, but the handling makes up for the loss of power. Other then that its a very comfortable car with a lot of standard features on the SES model

[Image: tmpphpC5JVpA.jpg]

[Image: tmpphpwek8LQ.jpg]

[Image: tmpphpUb1896.jpg]
Congrats!
I drive a silver one............Sync, leather seats and the sun roof are nice options.

Fun to drive and very good on gas.
Congrats...Dark tint and black rims would look sick!!! :D
I havent set up the sync yet but it sounds cool. I didnt bother with leather this time, I had the leather rip at the seems in my 05 and didnt want to deal with cold seats in the winter (even with heated seats) Mind you the leather looks pimp in the 08's. Yah gas is greatand I even got that tax credit with the standard.
focusonthis_88,Mar 24 2008, 08:00 PM Wrote:Congrats...Dark tint and black rims would look sick!!! :D
[right][snapback]260522[/snapback][/right]

Tint comes on this weekend or next, There was a coupe with the EAP's but the dealership wanted $1600 for rims and tires. I like the stock rims personally but if I can get a good deal on the EAP's I will pick up a set.
now do what FocusSport did with their '08

congrats
Nice in black but I can't get past the chrome zits on the sides, delete 'wm and I like ;)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 24 2008, 08:25 PM Wrote:Nice in black but I can't get past the chrome zits on the sides, delete 'wm and I like ;)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]260528[/snapback][/right]

The "zits are riveted into the body panels, if they were just stuck on with double sided tape I probably would.
congrats on the new car

potentially stupid question though.. what is the advantage of this transaction?
naz,Mar 24 2008, 09:09 PM Wrote:congrats on the new car

[right][snapback]260534[/snapback][/right]

??? Transaction????
To replace my 07 ST that got destroyed in a car crash 2 months ago. I think that what yoiu ment?
congats with the new ride.
congrats on the new, and sensible ride...
Canadian ST,Mar 25 2008, 01:16 AM Wrote:

??? Transaction????
To replace my 07 ST that got destroyed in a car crash 2 months ago. I think that what yoiu ment?
[right][snapback]260535[/snapback][/right]

i could be getting FC members confused but IIRC you were looking for a AWD V6 fusion to put big rims on?

it just seemed like you were really set on it.. wondering if you will end up trying to trade up to it sooner rather than later

but that's really neither here nor there.. congrats again on the new car! i'm not a 'cosmetics' kind of guy but perhaps you can paint the side 'vents' with a non reflective black paint
naz,Mar 25 2008, 12:57 AM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Mar 25 2008, 01:16 AM Wrote:

??? Transaction????
[right][snapback]260535[/snapback][/right]

i could be getting FC members confused but IIRC you were looking for a AWD V6 fusion to put big rims on?

it just seemed like you were really set on it.. wondering if you will end up trying to trade up to it sooner rather than later

but that's really neither here nor there.. congrats again on the new car! i'm not a 'cosmetics' kind of guy but perhaps you can paint the side 'vents' with a non reflective black paint
[right][snapback]260548[/snapback][/right]

Ya that part was true I was going to get a Fusion V6 but I have these stupid student loans looming over me. So I decided to pay off the student loan and get a cheaper car. I really did like the Fusion espeacially with the Street apperance package. Oh well in a few years no more loan or car payments.
Congratulations on your new car. I think you're the first to admit buying a 2008 Focus :lol: All you've got to do now is start looking at parts to mod it out. I would think that that shouldn't be too hard for the engine mods.
Engine and (some) suspension stuff should be fairly painless... at least the drivetrain will. Body mods? Not so much.

You picked the car you wanted and that's what matters. Congrats Nathan!
Congrats on the new ride!
Congrats Your one of the 1st of many to be a part of Focus Canada and owning a 08+
Canadian ST,Mar 25 2008, 10:54 AM Wrote:So I decided to pay off the student loan and get a cheaper car.
[right][snapback]260551[/snapback][/right]

awesome. big thumbs up to that approach!
Pages: 1 2