FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Auto Accident Today :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just so angry right now I could strangle somebody <_<

I'm driving home from my stepmother's place in Aurora tonight, minding my own business and driving along Hurontario southbound after having dropped my brother off earlier this evening when a 19 year old yahoo in an Audi decided that despite me having a green light he would proceed to turn left from Hurontario onto Derry Rd. right in front of me.

Cue me hitting the Audi, the Focus engine bay doing what it is designed to do, the airbag going off in my face and my car reduced to a sub, sub nosed compact car :(

It's not even the fact that I'm now immobile until the insurance company decides to give me whatever pittance they want, leaving me twisting in the wind while I fight them over the improvements I made to the car (Including several that I have to pick up this week, the CDR9's) or the fact that I'm now left having to car shop.

No, it's the fact that the Focus represented the last car that my dad was ever going to test drive for me, with him having passed away last year and therefore I've lost one of the biggest things that reminded me of him. :( :(

I think I'm going to go curl up in a corner and cry now.

NefCanuck
I'm so sorry, Daniel. I'm at a loss for words... :(

At least you're ok is the best news though.

PS. I know it may be too early, but IF you decide on another Ford and I can help with an X-Plan PIN or something, let me know. Or if it's somewhere local-ish where I can pull that PIE module out. You have my number.
OAC_Sparky,Mar 23 2008, 09:48 PM Wrote:I'm so sorry, Daniel. I'm at a loss for words... :(

At least you're ok is the best news though.

PS. I know it may be too early, but IF you decide on another Ford and I can help with an X-Plan PIN or something, let me know. Or if it's somewhere local-ish where I can pull that PIE module out. You have my number.
[right][snapback]260443[/snapback][/right]

Thanks but I realized after the towtruck driver dropped me off that I left things that are far more important that the PIE interface (Mainly my 407 transponder and my GPS! :()

I'll have to call the gent in the morning and hope the stuff is still in there...

God, I can just see how the ins co is going to try and strangle me, given what my dealer is selling '05's for :ph34r:

-sigh- all I can do is think that these things happen for a reason...

NefCanuck
Daniel, i cant believed this happend to you!! i know how much you loved your car, i dont think there was another car on here that everyone could agree was one of the best.

more importantly than the car...did you make it out ok??? by the sounds of it, it was a pretty hard hit. hope your are doing ok and remember that the car can be replaced, but you cant.....

who would we go to for legal advice!??!?! :lol:
jk man, it could be worse, the leafs coudl be out of the playoffs.....errrr nevermind!!!
Wow i'm very sorry to hear this! We all know how much you loved that car!

I hope you're ok! and all works out for you!

Usually the insurance company will let you remove any after market items as long as you have the stock ones to put back on. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and is repairable! And if it is repairable you could always do a 00-04 swap and save your self some cash :D or get a body kit B)
Well, aside from the associated aches & pains (and adrenaline -sigh-) I seem to be okay, though my left knee took a nice whack on the dashboard on impact (My first thought was "Oh $%^@ a matched set of bad knees! :ph34r:)

I'm betting the car is screwed, I mean the engine compartment is practically non existent at this point! (Though the wheels seem fine, visibly the rims appear undamaged and the tires still had air in them)

So I'll be calling the adjuster in the morning (and maybe a hitman in the afternoon to sic on the little creep that did this to me :angry: )

NefCanuck
hey man i'm sorry you got into this accident. i'm glad you are alright (imagine if you were on a motorcycle...)

it sounds like it was a very hard hit, and for you to get out with barely a bruise... it seems like someone up there is looking out for you :)
Wow sorry to here about that, I know dealing with the insuranc company is a pain but at least you are ok and at the end thats all that matters. If you need and help removing stuff from your car Im avalible Wednesday, I had a friend help me so I want to pass the favor on. Once again at least you're ok.
Geez Daniel... not cool, but at least your okay! Hopefully it works out for ya in the end.
Sorry to hear the bad news Dan... I hope it gets sorted out in a timely fashion for ya.

I wonder if you could go after the kid and/or his parents for the pain and suffering (physical and sentimental). I would want to go on a crusade to make sure the jackass never drives again if I was in your situation.

Either way, things may not happen for a reason, but it helps build the strength that'll help you achieve more in time. So keep your chin up, and if you need anything (even if it's just a beer), feel free to call.

Damn.
So sorry to hear the news Daniel.
Just be happy you're okay. :(
Remember...It's just a hunk of steel. Cars can be replaced.
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you to help this move along.
wow Daniel, I'm suprised this happened to you. depending on the ammount of damage they might right off your car.

Frost__2001,Mar 24 2008, 11:41 AM Wrote:wow Daniel, I'm suprised this happened to you. depending on the ammount of damage they might right off your car.
[right][snapback]260472[/snapback][/right]

Years ago they would have simply torn of the front end and rebuilt it...

Now, unless somehow the suspension sustained no damage, with the rest of the engine compartment crushed in, I can't see them dropping in the cash to fix it again :(

You & me both Frost, but then again there's no accounting for the stupidity of the other drivers on the road anymore :ph34r:

NefCanuck
For what it's worth, the new Focus' look pretty good.

Try and get all your After market stuff off the car.
You may be able to sell most of it here. :(
Wow aslong as Your ok, thats the important part How fast were you going, did the other driver have any passhgers?
ANTHONYD,Mar 24 2008, 09:47 AM Wrote:Damn.
So sorry to hear the news Daniel.
Just be happy you're okay. :(
Remember...It's just a hunk of steel. Cars can be replaced.
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you to help this move along.
[right][snapback]260457[/snapback][/right]

x2.

[naz mode]Buy a Subaru![/nazmode]
:P
Holy s*** Daniel, I'm normally not the "sue sue sue" type but this jackass deserves it. I'm with Puppet about the pain and suffering thing because this car really DID mean something to you.

Carve that f***er up like Easter Ham, bud. Let me know if there's anything you need at all. Serious.
ANTHONYD,Mar 24 2008, 01:17 PM Wrote:For what it's worth, the new Focus' look pretty good.

Try and get all your After market stuff off the car.
You may be able to sell most  of it here.  :(
[right][snapback]260485[/snapback][/right]

I wish Anthony but most of my aftermarket bits are welded to that car but good (Exhaust, interior trim bits, the upgraded radio I dropped a grand on, the Steeda SRI's the wheels, the Nokian tires)

The SVT suspension is what hurts the most, I still have the bill from Dixie Ford to install it at over a grand (Which is going to mean SFA to the adjuster I'm sure)

I still have all the stock parts from the car (Stock exhaust, stock Ford airbox with only 32K on it, stock suspension with about 52K on it and the CDR9's will be ready Thursday (Fat lotta good they'll do me now) did swipe the shorty antenna last night after getting dropped off at home though.

Just went over things with the ins. co. they'll send an adjuster out in the next couple of days to where the car got towed. Gotta see the doctor though, my left shoulder feels really wonky and I want to know what the heck is going on.

NefCanuck
Daniel its a real good thing that your ok! Also thank god your accident wasn't brake(s) related, I did those for you! I hope everything with the insurance blows over quickly and things return to normal asap. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Flofocus,Mar 24 2008, 06:39 PM Wrote:[naz mode]Buy a Subaru![/nazmode]
:P
[right][snapback]260494[/snapback][/right]

dam straight

i'll assimilate you all through repetition

Pages: 1 2