FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Seats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else hate their stock seats? I have an 03' SE and the seats have next to no support for the lower back.

My wife and I took the focus to Halifax a few years ago, 6 hours into the trip we were rolling our coats for lumbar cushions. Recently I've been using the focus for my daily commute to Mississauga and have started to notice my lower back is stiff when getting out of the car. (this is a result playing ice hockey again, the car doesn't help)

I want to replace my seats with seats that have an OE look and is more supportive... My question to Focus Canada: Are there any superior OE seats?

There's a pair of 07 ZX4 seats for sale in the classified but I think they're the same design as my stock 03's (aside from the fabric).

Top of my list are SVT seats. These look like they are firm and offer more support for the driver, I'll definitely be searching for a pair of these seats.

I'm partial to some Recaro's seats but purchasing them new ($1000-4000 per seat) is out of the question.

Cheers,

Richard
roast,Feb 1 2010, 12:29 PM Wrote:Does anyone else hate their stock seats? I have an 03' SE and the seats have next to no support for the lower back.

My wife and I took the focus to Halifax a few years ago, 6 hours into the trip we were rolling our coats for lumbar cushions. Recently I've been using the focus for my daily commute to Mississauga and have started to notice my lower back is stiff when getting out of the car. (this is a result playing ice hockey again, the car doesn't help)

I want to replace my seats with seats that have an OE look and is more supportive... My question to Focus Canada: Are there any superior OE seats?

There's a pair of 07 ZX4 seats for sale in the classified but I think they're the same design as my stock 03's (aside from the fabric).

Top of my list are SVT seats. These look like they are firm and offer more support for the driver, I'll definitely be searching for a pair of these seats.

I'm partial to some Recaro's seats but purchasing them new ($1000-4000 per seat) is out of the question.

Cheers,

Richard
[right][snapback]300564[/snapback][/right]

Well another option would be the seats from the street edition or S2 focus, as they have the european seats, but to my knowledge other then the seat ajustment, there is no lower lumbar ajusters in the seat backs, unless they are in the SVT seats. Or you could 2008 plus as the new seats are more ajustable, its one thing I've noticed with the rental I got.
our 01 ZTS had the lumbar support for driver side. Not that it helped any!
there are some EAP recaros for sale on focaljet, 800$ for the set front back and door panels from a svt. they are all black leather, next choice would be the regular svt seats, i put em in my car and they are amazing. my stocker that i have forsale will most likely be the same as yours, there is no lumbar support but the svts have adjustable lumbar. one thing you can do is buy 2 air bladders and install them into the seats, that would likely be your cheapest solution while keeping your seats the same. i suggest looking on focaljet and focus fanatics for some body in one of the northern states like michigan, ohio newyork etc that is close enough for a drive down to. you can check out kijiji but you likely wont find much as thats where my set came from because my US deal fell through. i picked up the set for 500$ just had to drive all the way down to windsor to get em. all depends how much you want to spend and the look you want.

SVT>anything

heres the recaros on focaljet
http://forums.focaljet.com/appearance/6221...p-interior.html
First off the stock seats in my 2000 ZX3 where great, due to rips and spring moving and poking through I had to replace them. I replaced them with a set from a 2006 ZX3 which are the same as my 2007 ZX5 but not the same as my 2000. The older seats are much nicer and tighter fitting. I also notice you get more lumbar support when the seat is cracked all the way up, but the problem with that is you could hit the roof. Why the whole seat doesn't move up and down is retarded. In order for the concept to work in the Focus my ass cheeks would have to be the factor for height adjustment. Also my dad had a 2000 sedan and they are not the same seat as my ZX3 or even the new ones I have now, same goes for the wagon.

That said, I would look for older ZX seats, 2000-2004, or a set of SVT seats, but I don't like leather, or how about the ST seats?

DRyanC
Frost__2001,Feb 1 2010, 12:46 PM Wrote:Well another option would be the seats from the street edition or S2 focus, as they have the european seats, but to my knowledge other then the seat ajustment, there is no lower lumbar ajusters in the seat backs, unless they are in the SVT seats. Or you could 2008 plus as the new seats are more ajustable, its one thing I've noticed with the rental I got.
[right][snapback]300567[/snapback][/right]

Great suggestions, I'm going to try and find some info on the street edition or S2. I'm not concerned with having lower lumbar adjusters, I just want better seats! =D

mo_focus,Feb 1 2010, 12:56 PM Wrote:our 01 ZTS had the lumbar support for driver side. Not that it helped any!
[right][snapback]300569[/snapback][/right]

I hear what your saying, are you tall?

GFXjamie,Feb 1 2010, 01:01 PM Wrote:there are some EAP recaros for sale on focaljet, 800$ for the set front back and door panels from a svt. they are all black leather, next choice would be the regular svt seats, i put em in my car and they are amazing. my stocker that i have forsale will most likely be the same as yours, there is no lumbar support but the svts have adjustable lumbar. one thing you can do is buy 2 air bladders and install them into the seats, that would likely be your cheapest solution while keeping your seats the same. i suggest looking on focaljet and focus fanatics for some body in one of the northern states like michigan, ohio newyork etc that is close enough for a drive down to. you can check out kijiji but you likely wont find much as thats where my set came from because my US deal fell through. i picked up the set for 500$ just had to drive all the way down to windsor to get em. all depends how much you want to spend and the look you want.

SVT>anything

heres the recaros on focaljet
http://forums.focaljet.com/appearance/6221...p-interior.html
[right][snapback]300570[/snapback][/right]

Those recaros look sexy! I signed up on focaljet, should be a good resource for sale items. Thanks.

DRyanC,Feb 1 2010, 02:37 PM Wrote:First off the stock seats in my 2000 ZX3 where great, due to rips and spring moving and poking through I had to replace them. I replaced them with a set from a 2006 ZX3 which are the same as my 2007 ZX5 but not the same as my 2000. The older seats are much nicer and tighter fitting. I also notice you get more lumbar support when the seat is cracked all the way up, but the problem with that is you could hit the roof. Why the whole seat doesn't move up and down is retarded. In order for the concept to work in the Focus my ass cheeks would have to be the factor for height adjustment. Also my dad had a 2000 sedan and they are not the same seat as my ZX3 or even the new ones I have now, same goes for the wagon.

That said, I would look for older ZX seats, 2000-2004, or a set of SVT seats, but I don't like leather, or how about the ST seats?

DRyanC
[right][snapback]300579[/snapback][/right]

You're right, when I look at my seat, since i've lowered the seat bottom there is a large gap!

If my budget doesn't allow for expensive seats I'll def. check out the 2000-2004 ZX seats.
roast,Feb 1 2010, 12:29 PM Wrote:Does anyone else hate their stock seats? I have an 03' SE and the seats have next to no support for the lower back.

Cheers,

Richard
[right][snapback]300564[/snapback][/right]
What colour is your interior?
ZTWsquared,Feb 1 2010, 06:32 PM Wrote:What colour is your interior?
[right][snapback]300589[/snapback][/right]

Gray

Edit: Light Gray
Richard,
I can appreciate - my Ranger was like that.
If your seats are in good shape, you may want to try
an upholstery (sp?) shop; they may be able to adapt.
I find heated seats help.
They may be able to add padding in the area you want/need.
Try Gold Star - local to us.
Good luck.
2009SEL