FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtf! Cops Killing Cows Now Days?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_20808.aspx

lets go and catch this cow, nah too much work, lets just f***ing shoot it.

retards!!!!!!

:angry2: :censored2: :wtf:

i know it was going to be someones steak soon, but what a way to go :(
they say it charged the officer and that was the only thing they could do...lol
well technicly it did hit a couple of people.......i think that was a right way to end it......or the should of just put it to sleep
they said that it hit about 4 people and they needed about 20 shots were fired to take this cow down
this just in.. There was a big charity BBQ held arround lunch today at the Police HQ. I heard they were giving out free burgers for the time being...
Without knowing the officers circumstances, I can only say that if the animal had been hitting people and the cops only had their guns, heck even if one of them had a Taser on them, you think an unprotected officer is going to try and Taser it into submission?

Do the words HELL NO! mean anything? :lol:

NefCanuck
a taser would do nothing against a cow.

FocusGuy7476,Mar 21 2008, 12:35 AM Wrote:a taser would do nothing against a cow.
[right][snapback]260352[/snapback][/right]
Except piss it off.
OAC_Sparky,Mar 21 2008, 12:01 AM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Mar 21 2008, 12:35 AM Wrote:a taser would do nothing against a cow.
Except piss it off.
[right][snapback]260353[/snapback][/right]

Mad Cow ??

I think the cops just got bored and said f*** it may as well... like hell wouldn't you have ??
mister_bin,Mar 21 2008, 01:27 AM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Mar 21 2008, 12:01 AM Wrote:
Except piss it off.
[right][snapback]260353[/snapback][/right]

Mad Cow ??

I think the cops just got bored and said f*** it may as well... like hell wouldn't you have ??
[right][snapback]260355[/snapback][/right]

exectly
Actually, if you watched the news, the cow that got shot charged a number of people, including a CHCH cameraman and reporter -- the cameraman had to leap out of the way and the cow ran down the camera and tripod.

As much as you would want to knock the cop, weighing the circumstances; the threat to public safety, property damage and the likelihood that the cow was heading for the slaughterhouse anyways, etc, the decision to put it down probably wasn't bad -- save for the fact that now you have 1300 pounds of animal that can't move under its own steam. It would have been a lot less work if the cow could move itself onto the truck.

I find it funny though, people's reaction to this. Growing up outside of Windsor (in a small town called McGregor) I used to work on farms, from the age of 11 until I was 16 (hey, if you want to hang out with your friends, you would help out with the chores). Dairy farms, turkeys, cows, pigs. Slaughtered chickens with my own hands. I think sometimes people forget that meat doesn't magically appear on the shelves at the grovery store.
Geez, this reminds me of a story my dad told me that happened while they were building the Angus Glen golf course.

The golf course was originally a working farm and so as the herd of cows and bulls were shipped out, the ones that were going to remain were put into smaller and smaller areas.

Well, one day a particularly ornery cow got loose from the fenced off area and decided that it didn't like the machinery that was making all the noise and so it charged headlong into a moving bulldozer!

As dad tells it "There was a lot of good meat passed around shortly after that..." :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
I know the story, but the truck overturn around 7am, cows get loose on the street from then, the last cow gets shot at 2pm. so what you are saying is that there was no way of dealing with this properly?

It just shows that TO cops, in this case OPP, has no training when it comes to out of ordeneray situations, there was a cop actually trying to direct the cow into the trailer, as if the cow knew road signs and had to merge :lol:

They should have dealt with the situation a bit better. For f***s sake, they had enough time to fly a cowboy from Calgary if the had to do! Obviously you can't force a cow into the trailer with directions, or with force. They were spooking the cow hence why it started to attack, or rather panic.

It just bothers me to see how they reacted to this case, I basically grow up with cops in the last couple of years, I have lot of respects for them, but sometimes they just get on my nerves. Especially when they are trying to build their public relations status, this doesn’t really help them.

And please remember guns don’t kill cows, people do :lol:

OAC_Sparky,Mar 21 2008, 03:30 PM Wrote:Actually, if you watched the news, the cow that got shot charged a number of people, including a CHCH cameraman and reporter --  the cameraman had to leap out of the way and the cow ran down the camera and tripod.

As much as you would want to knock the cop, weighing the circumstances; the threat to public safety, property damage and the likelihood that the cow was heading for the slaughterhouse anyways, etc, the decision to put it down probably wasn't bad -- save for the fact that now you have 1300 pounds of animal that can't move under its own steam. It would have been a lot less work if the cow could move itself onto the truck.

I find it funny though, people's reaction to this. Growing up outside of Windsor (in a small town called McGregor) I used to work on farms, from the age of 11 until I was 16 (hey, if you want to hang out with your friends, you would help out with the chores). Dairy farms, turkeys, cows, pigs. Slaughtered chickens with my own hands. I think sometimes people forget that meat doesn't magically appear on the shelves at the grovery store.
[right][snapback]260361[/snapback][/right]
mo_focus,Mar 21 2008, 01:32 PM Wrote:I know the story, but the truck overturn around 7am, cows get loose on the street from then, the last cow gets shot at 2pm. so what you are saying is that there was no way of dealing with this properly?[right][snapback]260369[/snapback][/right]
I think that the fact that the cow was shot at 2pm and not 8am supports that they tried to handle the situation better.

I don't believe "Loose Cattle 101" is a training course at the Aylmer police academy. ;) I would even go so far to say that a good deal of cops that grew up in the Toronto area would not have been exposed to cattle any more than any other Toronto citizen.

Ever try to make a horse/pig/cow go somewhere it doesn't want to go? Trust me, it's not easy. Of course, even if they were available, cops wouldn't want to be running around with cattleprods (the most effective way). You'd have PETA down on them faster than flies on cowshait.
OAC_Sparky,Mar 21 2008, 12:53 PM Wrote:Ever try to make a horse/pig/cow go somewhere it doesn't want to go? Trust me, it's not easy. Of course, even if they were available, cops wouldn't want to be running around with cattleprods (the most effective way). You'd have PETA down on them faster than flies on cowshait.
[right][snapback]260371[/snapback][/right]

As opposed to the PETA being all warm & fuzzy after the T.O. Dirty Harry's deal with the cow with a 9mm euthaniser? :lol:

The cops are going to get a bum steer on this one no matter how you slice it :P :lol:

NefCanuck

NefCanuck,Mar 21 2008, 06:43 PM Wrote:The cops are going to get a bum steer on this one no matter how you slice it :P :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]260376[/snapback][/right]

i think that's what i'm trying to get at. They could have dealt with it a bit better. I guess i was not the only one getting upset at that. you would read various papers and forums at the general public is outraged by the way these guys dealt with it. I know the cow would have been someones steak.

ohh well, life goes on :)
mo_focus,Mar 21 2008, 07:50 PM Wrote:ohh well, life goes on :)
[right][snapback]260384[/snapback][/right]

not for the cow :lol:
NefCanuck,Mar 21 2008, 01:43 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Mar 21 2008, 12:53 PM Wrote:Ever try to make a horse/pig/cow go somewhere it doesn't want to go? Trust me, it's not easy. Of course, even if they were available, cops wouldn't want to be running around with cattleprods (the most effective way). You'd have PETA down on them faster than flies on cowshait.
[right][snapback]260371[/snapback][/right]

As opposed to the PETA being all warm & fuzzy after the T.O. Dirty Harry's deal with the cow with a 9mm euthaniser? :lol:

The cops are going to get a bum steer on this one no matter how you slice it :P :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]260376[/snapback][/right]

Peta -> People Eat Tasty Animal ?? Yum
Geezuz....how many of us feel like our lives are threatened by people everyday! Does that mean if we had guns we can just shoot em dead cuz i felt endangered or threatened??

So i guess the moral of the lesson here is typical, if you don't cooperate with us, then BANG, you get a bullet in the head. Like there aren't other ways to get things done instead of simply using unnecessary force.

I'm sure the cops did try everything they could and but still, COPS are way too "trigger happy" and just cuz they wear that badge and took some courses in police foundations gives them the god-given right to shoot to kill when they deem necessary.

It's sad to hear that an escaped cow becomes a greater threat and top police priority than gang bangers, drug dealers, and gun wielders.
cornflakes,Mar 22 2008, 11:33 PM Wrote:So i guess the moral of the lesson here is typical, if you don't cooperate with us, then BANG, you get a bullet in the head.  Like there aren't other ways to get things done instead of simply using unnecessary force.[right][snapback]260404[/snapback][/right]
I think that's a bit of a stretch.
Pages: 1 2