FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2008 Performance World Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've put a few pictures together from a few sites aswell as my own. Most pics are of friends or co-club members.

[Image: performanceworld2008027.jpg]
Supra Motor Swap Runs 10's
[Image: performanceworld2008024.jpg]
M3 Supercharged Swap 4 sale $25,000
[Image: performanceworld2008031.jpg]
[Image: performanceworld2008046.jpg]
[Image: performanceworld2008058.jpg]
[Image: performanceworld2008063.jpg]
[Image: performanceworld2008091.jpg]
4G63 Talon Swap Into a Hyudai
[Image: performanceworld2008131.jpg]
Won Best Engine We thought The Sunfire had it in the Bag
[Image: PerformanceWorld-19.jpg]
[Image: P1010156.jpg]
[Image: P1010085.jpg]
[Image: P1010142.jpg]
[Image: normal_IMG_7254.jpg]
[Image: n1588500090_30000345_3853.jpg]
[Image: P1010116.jpg]
[Image: P1010169.jpg]
I luv this Y2K Replica over 5 g's spent in croming the engine bay
[Image: n1588500090_30000315_376.jpg]
[Image: normal_IMG_7248.jpg]
Won Bikini Contest Shes from Jersey So that what we call her
[Image: normal_100_6419.jpg]

Magnus 8 sec Drag Talon
[Image: normal_100_6322.jpg]
[Image: n1002507555_30044501_8788.jpg]
[Image: n1002507555_30044443_1217.jpg]
Yup a V6 In a Civic Rips on the Highway
[Image: n507471953_716086_3008.jpg]
More Garage16 Models
[Image: n505110910_727417_8914.jpg]
Nice Slicks
[Image: n505110910_726650_5403.jpg]
1.8T Swap with a GT35R
[Image: IMG_659720copy.jpg]
Won best Ford Sucks Losing to a Car My Uncle Built all he did was put in a serious audio set up
[Image: IMG_625420copy.jpg]
[Image: Gotahottride7669.jpg]
[Image: Gotahottride7668.jpg]
so i gues that Sunfire is not streetable any more eh.......wasn't it running 12's before? what does it run now?

i cringe when i see those 'dumped' subarus. i guess actual suspension performance takes a back stage to the look and feel of performance at car shows

also i noticed the car with a blue rollcage.. does the harness have an 'antisubmarine' strap (sometimes called a '5th point').. i saw that setup and i'm concerned about the potential lack of crash protection (occupant could slide under the harness in a bad crash).. and positioning of the shoulder straps look like it could result in some compression injuries to the spine in a collision... maybe its just the angle in the pic but it looks like the harness bolts to the OE rear seat belt slot.. i think it should be mounted such that the shoulder strap is appx parallel to the floor (so no compression load gets applied to the spine)

anyway.. the harness is prob for show points instead of crash protection on a road course, so this is probably a non issue.. but if that pics are are of a friend or board member perhaps give them a heads up that the OE seatbelt would probably provide more crash protection than that harness.. also tell the subaru owners their camber curves suck and the car needs to be raised up for actual performance

sorry to sound like a 'negative nancy' but i get a bit irked when i see 'racing look' mods that are really impacting safety and actual performance
lol
that harness is from ZX3_2NV focus
some more reading on harnesses and crash safety.. i couldn't find a racing rule book that had this info so i had to pull from an internet forum

the section i posted below talks specifically about the risk of spinal compression and sub-marining (sliding under the lap belt) that i referred to in my previous post

also, there is a product called CG LOCK (http://www.cg-lock.com/track.html) that retains the safety advantages of the OE 3 pt belt and closely simulates the 'tight' feeling from being in a 4/5/6pt harness. EDIT: it does not give show points but it works

its no secret i'm not into the show scene so my posts might come across as 'MaD HaTiN y0' but seriously i am just concerned for the safety of the ppl in the vehicle

Quote:it is important for the shoulder straps to extend rearward at no more than a 15 degree downward angle from the horizontal. If the shoulder straps are mounted improperly (e.g. looping the strap over the shoulder and down to a floor mount) you greatly increase the risk of severe injury from spinal compression. Submarining is also a concern with a 4-point harness system for 2 reasons. 1) Since the shoulder straps pull up on the lapbelt, it is possible to raise the lap belt above the pelvic crest bones and onto the abdomen. If the lap belt is too high, serious injury can occur to internal organs. That's why 5 and 6-point systems are used in racecar restraint systems. However, it is not possible to use these anti-submarine straps without the installation of an aftermarket seat that allows the straps to pass directly down to the floor. It is not safe to loop the anti-submarine belt over the front of the seatbecause it does not provide the correct downward force and still allows submarining. 2) A 3-point system allows some chest rotation. The right side of the chest moves forward in an accident, decreasing the tendency to slide under the lapbelt. In all but one 4-point systems, this rotation in prevented increasing submarining risk. Schroth makes a 4-point harness with an anti-submarine feature that does allow some chest rotation and decreases submarine risk.
source
naz,Mar 20 2008, 05:09 PM Wrote:i cringe when i see those 'dumped' subarus.  i guess actual suspension performance takes a back stage to the look and feel of performance at car shows

also i noticed the car with a blue rollcage.. does the harness have an 'antisubmarine' strap (sometimes called a '5th point').. i saw that setup and i'm concerned about the potential lack of crash protection (occupant could slide under the harness in a bad crash).. and positioning of the shoulder straps look like it could result in some compression injuries to the spine in a collision... maybe its just the angle in the pic but it looks like the harness bolts to the OE rear seat belt slot.. i think it should be mounted such that the shoulder strap is appx parallel to the floor (so no compression load gets applied to the spine)

anyway.. the harness is prob for show points instead of crash protection on a road course, so this is probably a non issue.. but if that pics are are of a friend or board member perhaps give them a heads up that the OE seatbelt would probably provide more crash protection than that harness.. also tell the subaru owners their camber curves suck and the car needs to be raised up for actual performance

sorry to sound like a 'negative nancy' but i get a bit irked when i see 'racing look' mods that are really impacting safety and actual performance
[right][snapback]260337[/snapback][/right]

All i saw was the Brunnet and the Blonde..... You mean there were actually cars in these pics.. s*** i need my eyes checked
bikini girl is pretty hot.......the face is hard to make out............then again rating girls you never met in person is pointless.
Women who drape themselves over cars aren't worth looking at. :lol:

IMHO.

Nice cars though. The Focus is looking good!
ANTHONYD,Mar 24 2008, 09:58 AM Wrote:Women who drape themselves over cars aren't worth looking at. :lol:
[right][snapback]260459[/snapback][/right]

Your gay though. :P
Flofocus,Mar 24 2008, 11:00 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 24 2008, 09:58 AM Wrote:Women who drape themselves over cars aren't worth looking at. :lol:

[right][snapback]260471[/snapback][/right]

Don't tell his wife that ;) :D

NefCanuck
As for the Harness, Ive had this convo before there is no way im slipping out of them. It bolts to either side of the seat where the stock belt's are bolted and the 3rd point is bolted to the rear where the lap belt for the back seat would be and it goes over my roll bar so i would love to know how this is unsafe since i get my car teched at every race track i go to and they say nothing about the harnesses
NefCanuck,Mar 24 2008, 01:18 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]260477[/snapback][/right]

I know hes married...it was a joke, I love comments like the one he made. makes me :lol: cuz for any heterosexual man to make that comment and mean it is complete bulls***. :lol:

Cars & girls have always gone together!
Flofocus,Mar 24 2008, 11:35 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 24 2008, 01:18 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]260477[/snapback][/right]

I know hes married...it was a joke, I love comments like the one he made. makes me :lol: cuz for any heterosexual man to make that comment and mean it is complete bulls***. :lol:

Cars & girls have always gone together!
[right][snapback]260491[/snapback][/right]

X2..... if I could get some hot broad all over my car what more could a STRAIGHT guy REALLY ask for?!!? :D
ZX3_2NV,Mar 24 2008, 06:07 PM Wrote:As for the Harness, Ive had this convo before there is no way im slipping out of them. It bolts to either side of the seat where the stock belt's are bolted and the 3rd point is bolted to the rear where the lap belt for the back seat would be and it goes over my roll bar so i would love to know how this is unsafe since i get my car teched at every race track i go to and they say nothing about the harnesses
[right][snapback]260484[/snapback][/right]

i've already outlined in a previous post the tech behind submarining and spine compression forces. you either just don't understand or don't want to understand the information i shared. or maybe you just plain don't believe me on this one.. that's ok don't take my word for it, do the research yourself. its for your own safety, not mine

your harnesses passing tech doesn't prove the configuration is safe. rather it is proof that whatever sanctioning organization is running the race or lapping day is extremely lax about safety.

here is the rule book from national auto sport association (nasa), a large sanctioning body in the US. that holds HDPE, time trial, club race and other events

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf

section 15.5 (page 71 in the pdf file) discusses the rules for driver restraints that are permissible at nasa events

note that your harness configuration would fail on the following points
15.5.1 : your harness is 4 point, and not 5, 6 or 7 point
15.5.6 : the mounting of the shoulder harness is below a 20 degree line from horizontal from your shoulders
15.5.8 : your are using a Y type strap that does not have individual mounting points for each shoulder strap

also note that the OE driver restraint system would pass the NASA tech

this is going to be my last safety related post on your thread. i don't want to 'spoil the mood' of you boys ogling the 'models'

its your safety in question not mine or anyone elses, so go ahead and continue using that configuration if you like.. but please don't continue to spread misinformation that that configuration is safe. its not.

best regards,
nick
Ok so i have a Y Type 3 point Harness. Its not the cheapest set but I didn't have a spot to mount a 4 point at the time and whos going to put a 5+ point harness in there regularly driven car. So bascailly ur saying any Y type or 4 point and 3 point or not safe then why do they sell them I just don't get it
Maybe we should start a tech thread on safety equipment...

btw.. I don't get car models anymore... I swear I've seen half of them bent over cars at the corner of Dundas and Jarvis.

Steve's sexy tip: arching your back till the back folds overlap isn't 'sexy'
darkpuppet,Mar 25 2008, 09:50 AM Wrote:Maybe we should start a tech thread on safety equipment...

btw.. I don't get car models anymore... I swear I've seen half of them bent over cars at the corner of Dundas and Jarvis.

Steve's sexy tip: arching your back till the back folds overlap isn't 'sexy'
[right][snapback]260566[/snapback][/right]

Thank you.
ZX3_2NV,Mar 25 2008, 01:48 PM Wrote:Ok so i have a Y Type 3 point Harness. Its not the cheapest set but I didn't have a spot to mount a 4 point at the time and whos going to put a 5+ point harness in there regularly driven car. So bascailly ur saying any Y type or 4 point and 3 point or not safe then why do they sell them I just don't get it
[right][snapback]260562[/snapback][/right]

i started a new thread in the motorsport section. let's continue the discussion there
ANTHONYD,Mar 25 2008, 09:24 AM Wrote:Steve's sexy tip: arching your back till the back folds overlap isn't 'sexy'
[right][snapback]260566[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but it proves you could have fun trying to see how far up their back you can push their ass when they've got their face buried in a pillow...
Pages: 1 2