FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Question Regarding Side Mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Subject line says it all folks. As I was talking to OAC-Sparky today I noticed the painted side mirrors on his ST Focus and I was thinking about getting my side mirrors painted body colour when I get the F2 side skirts painted and installed.

Has anyone else done this and have any experiences/photos to share?

NefCanuck
by painting the side mirrors do you mean the caps or the whole mirror...

either way both can be done.. if you wanna paint the caps they pop off its a bit tricky but they come off it took me about an hour to pop both of them off....

But other then that there not hard to paint you can do em your self just get the dupli color primer and piant and clear... wet sand in between coats and it will come like an OEM finish
it is paintable..
primer, base coat, clear coat..
[Image: mirror.jpg]
[Image: mirror1.jpg]
konafocuswrc,Mar 16 2008, 09:58 AM Wrote:it is paintable..
primer, base coat, clear coat..
[Image: mirror.jpg]
[Image: mirror1.jpg]
[right][snapback]260026[/snapback][/right]

Wow that looks nice, how long did that take?
I'd be just looking at getting the caps done. I just have to ask the bodyshop where I'm going to get the F2 side skirts installed & painted to do it then...

Now if only the weather would co-operate sigh

NefCanuck
Daniel, post the pic's and prices when your done as I need to get my ZX3 skirts painted and installed on my Focus sometime this spring.
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 16 2008, 09:55 AM Wrote:Daniel, post the pic's and prices when your done as I need to get my ZX3 skirts painted and installed on my Focus sometime this spring.
[right][snapback]260029[/snapback][/right]

Gotcha... like I said, big issue ATM is weather... I mean hell, they're calling for flurries again by Thursday :(

NefCanuck
well heres my pics with them body colour.

[Image: Fog.jpg]
[Image: FrontFog.jpg]
[Image: 000_0288.jpg]
[Image: 000_0257.jpg]