FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Want To Run An Airline?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this little timewaster last night. You have to buy & sell planes (You can later lease them) buy slots at airports to land at, haul cargo & passengers.

The planes take off and land in real time, meaning that you have to be checking in throughout the day in order to keep your planes in the air making money (You also have to keep up on the maintenance otherwise... :ph34r:)

About seventy different airports currently, more being added as we speak. I'm logged on as "Swiss Air" ATM

Cyber Airlines

NefCanuck
Sounds addictive to the more sedentary ( older) person with tons of time on their hands
I've pissed my whole morning away on it.
Currently flying between toronto and LAX lol.
ANTHONYD,Mar 11 2008, 12:47 PM Wrote:I've pissed my whole morning away on it.
Currently flying between toronto and LAX lol.
[right][snapback]259772[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I bought an LAX slot but I still don't have a plane yet that can actually fly between YYZ (Toronto) and LAX (Los Angeles)

Making a killing on the Toronto to Orlando run though using the Dash-8... snowbirds saving my @$$ :lol:

NefCanuck
I may have to give this a try later!

God knows how lousy I was at MS Flight Simulator. I got as far as taking off and cruising around. When trying to land I pretty much ended up a grease spot on the runway.
Good way to pass the time at work... Only problem is the landing part you have to be around to do it.
mustanggt_50,Mar 12 2008, 12:30 PM Wrote:Good way to pass the time at work... Only problem is the landing part you have to be around to do it.
[right][snapback]259855[/snapback][/right]

Yeah that's the only gotcha. Until you can get the bigger planes and the longer haul flights you're stuck doing 4-5 hour runs. You therefore need to be able to send the plane on its merry way to earn more cash ASAP.

NefCanuck
I can't seem to get a plane more than 3% full.
What am I doing wrong?

I have a fleet of planes jumping from paris all over eurome and I can';t seem to get more than a few % full :(
torradan,Mar 12 2008, 11:17 AM Wrote:I may have to give this a try later!

God knows how lousy I was at MS Flight Simulator.  I got as far as taking off and cruising around.  When trying to land I pretty much ended up a grease spot on the runway.
[right][snapback]259846[/snapback][/right]

Gawd I gave up on MS Simulator years ago... I sorely lack the patience to go through all the "trivialities" needed to keep the plane aloft and bring it down again safely (I do realize of course that in RL those "trivialities" are rather important, hence my quotes)

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Mar 12 2008, 05:48 PM Wrote:I can't seem to get a plane more than 3% full.
What am I doing wrong?

I have a fleet of planes jumping from paris all over eurome and I can';t seem to get more than a few % full :(
[right][snapback]259860[/snapback][/right]

Yeah same here. I think you have to keep going and get your ranking up and then you can buy stuff like flyers and get into travel agencies.
You also have to try and find routes that are both profitable and not serviced very well (Once a route gets to I believe 30% use you can't even land there)

One route that is making me mad cash ATM is Chicago to Orlando, it's netting me about $30K profit flying with a Dash 8.

You also have to be aware of the type of plane you're using and it's load and cargo limitations. This will also impact on the type of flights that you can take (and how likely they are to make you money)

NefCanuck
Well I am now ranked 500 out of the 967 Airlines.... running with 3 planes trying to pay the bills....

Airline is named AirToronto ( due to there not being an Ottawa Airport )

Which I think is totally wrong !!! hehehe

ZX3guy2000,Mar 15 2008, 03:15 PM Wrote:Well I am now ranked 500 out of the 967 Airlines....  running with 3 planes trying to pay the bills....

Airline is named  AirToronto ( due to there not being an Ottawa Airport )

Which I think is totally wrong !!! hehehe
[right][snapback]260010[/snapback][/right]

That's one of the requested Canadian airports, so I think it'll happen at some point...

NefCanuck