FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this has ever occurred to anyone else, but, it's happening to me..
I had the windshield replaced in November/ December and now I'm getting frost on the inside of the windshield. Anyone heard of this before?
oldeguy,Mar 11 2008, 08:43 AM Wrote:I'm not sure if this has ever occurred to anyone else, but, it's happening to me..
I had the windshield replaced in November/ December and now I'm getting frost on the inside of the windshield. Anyone heard of this before?
[right][snapback]259729[/snapback][/right]

the carpets are wet/full of snow. If you use actual carpets, take them out and let them dry...take a shop vac to the carpet that cant move, get as much moisture out as possible.
could be that it wasn't sealed properly
I had frost on the inside of windows too yesterday morning. I agree to make sure to remove the water from the floor mats.
Moisture on the carpets...makes sense. Thanks!
if thats doesn't work then ur in trouble
I get this now and again in the winter on both of the Focus's. It only happens when I'm at work. The way I'm parked, the sun comes in the back hatch and if there is any snow or ice on the outside of the front window it starts to fog up the inside of the front window.

DRyanC
lol this is funny....never got that in my car......but i can just picture people standing and scraping the inside.......haha
Here's another possibility: they may have or you may have wiped the inside part of the windshield with some cleaning agent and though it looks clear when dry.....in the winter the invisible film will turn into frost.

I had wiped the interior of my windshield once and never noticed anything until a few weeks later on a cold day, there was frost on the inside of windshield and i realized it was the cleaning agent (the residue) that had turned to frost.
cornflakes,Mar 22 2008, 11:37 PM Wrote:Here's another possibility:  they may have or you may have wiped the inside part of the windshield with some cleaning agent and though it looks clear when dry.....in the winter the invisible film will turn into frost.

I had wiped the interior of my windshield once and never noticed anything until a few weeks later on a cold day, there was frost on the inside of windshield and i realized it was the cleaning agent (the residue) that had turned to frost.
[right][snapback]260405[/snapback][/right]

That's exactly what it is, and the added moisture in the car helps the situation along.
happenend to me a few times.. its a combination of wet floor mats and cleaner on the windsheild...

Yeah its a PITA...
Dump out your floor mats.
100% of the time I've had this issue, the case was my car mats were soaked :lol:
My first incident took me to the dealer. :lol:
Tribbles?
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 24 2008, 04:49 PM Wrote:Tribbles?
[right][snapback]260506[/snapback][/right]

Tribbles -- aren't RX-8's powered by 'em? :ph34r: :P :lol:
I might as well be for the sound it makes over 6Gs!