FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Abs Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

So today, the idiot that I am, I ran over a curb will trying to negotiate a turn, well as you can suspect i didnt make the turn and hopped the curb and up went the focus then i came down and after all the snow and what not the ABS light came on. Great! another thing to fix.

Anyone know where i can start. I hope I didn't break anything and that the snow just go lodge up there where the abs sensor is.

Any input would be much appreciated. I'm going to take a peek in the next half hour. Jack up the car , take off the wheels.

I tried the hold the reset button and turned the key to the on position.

The odometer read 7E57 the sevens were upside down though.

Thanks,

Jay

2002 Liquid Grey ZX5
180,000 Kms Automatic Transmission
First step is to basically thaw the car out altogether, meaning you've gotta find a place warm enough to melt everything and then see if the ABS light goes out.

I had an ABS light trip after a snow bound trip up to Wiarton in '07, turns out the snow had packed in against the ABS sensor, car thawed out in my condo's garage and the light went away.

NefCanuck
yeah try carwash before you do anything else. Then park the car somewhere warm and see if the light comes back.
mo_focus,Mar 9 2008, 01:14 AM Wrote:yeah try carwash before you do anything else. Then park the car somewhere warm and see if the light comes back.
[right][snapback]259600[/snapback][/right]

I had it in the garage all for the most part of the day today. Took the car out at 5pm and the light was still on. Ill try getting a car wash and see what happens after it dries.

As for the odometer thing i, im a bone head and didnt realize that it said test. the lcd display threw me off.. i pressed it a couple more times to cycle through the tests. No errors, atleast I guess the test wont bring up any abs light codes. oh well.

Ill go for a car wash anyways.

thanks for the tips...
I'd offer to do a diagnostic scan for you to see if the computer is tripping any codes before taking it in, but I don't know where you are :unsure:

NefCanuck
Could be a faulty sensor... but my 05 has the same issue, only when trudging through lots of snow of course, happened tonight actually. With this issue, the lights (ABS/Trac Control/OD) usually go off after I restart the car. So it's typically more of an inconvenience/annoyance than anything. Hopefully your sensors are ok. Like Daniel said, I'd run an diagnostic scan.
Mabey the wire for the sensor broke due to the snow.
So I got kind of an Idea whats going on. My Fathers mechanic friend was nice enough to hook up his expensive computer to the Focus and the ABS code we got was C1095 ABS Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure..Yikes....I called Ford Parts dept out of curiousty how much to replace......Yikes again...$1100 bucks. Im hoping someone out there can shed some light on this situation.

I guess Im have to be without ABS for a while if I cant find a fix.
Jaigon,Mar 11 2008, 09:55 PM Wrote:C1095 ABS Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure..[right][snapback]259803[/snapback][/right]
Circuit. Not necessarily the pump. The first thing you have to do is track down the module and check the wiring to the module.

I guess what I'm saying is (as I always say), do your homework, check things out (9/10 times there's a procedure) and DON'T just throw parts at it.

Here's an example of the same code as it applies to a Mazda3

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/manuals/mazda3t...0243000W17.html

OAC_Sparky,Mar 12 2008, 03:20 AM Wrote:
Jaigon,Mar 11 2008, 09:55 PM Wrote:C1095 ABS Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure..[right][snapback]259803[/snapback][/right]
Circuit. Not necessarily the pump. The first thing you have to do is track down the module and check the wiring to the module.

I guess what I'm saying is (as I always say), do your homework, check things out (9/10 times there's a procedure) and DON'T just throw parts at it.

Here's an example of the same code as it applies to a Mazda3

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/manuals/mazda3t...0243000W17.html
[right][snapback]259806[/snapback][/right]

Kewl.thanks for the tip
the abs wire is $75, if that doesnt fix the problem there is a magnetic sesor in the wheel bearing. If your wheel bearing is damaged (which at the KM you have it may be going anyways) you should look into replacing it.

I doubt its your pump, if the light came on right after you hit the curb it must be a something you broke in the location of the impact.