FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Timing Belt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everybody has probably done this one except me. Like most of you I like to work on my own car and its time for a timing belt change. I was wondering if any body has some easy step by step procedures and dos' and do don'ts, any pics would be appreciated as well. I want to do this step first before I install my supercharger kit but I just don't have that confidence yet. Thanks!
never even changed mine what km should you do this at?
ZX3_2NV,Mar 7 2008, 07:39 PM Wrote:never even changed mine what km should you do this at?
[right][snapback]259516[/snapback][/right]

I may be wrong but I imagine it should be changed every 100K. I'm just over that.
timing belt should be done at 200,000km
i heard that is pretty hard but everything is easy when u have time to work on it

my mechanic is gonna do mine tomorrow , while he's at it he's gonna do my water pump as well....and change my tranny fluid (which should be changed every 50K)
I was told by the dealer that the timing belt is to get done at 200-220k.
lol i heard the belt is supposed to be done @ 100K and the chain on the newer foci is good for 200K
Well I think it would be easier to replace before I do the supercharger kit. Less to remove and I probably won't have to change it after that.