FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got My Rental Today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hyundai Sonata. :lol:

Actually I'm quite pleased with the car so far. Nice and tight HUGE inside and a massive trunk.
I just made a run to the dump in it :lol:

That trunk was packed with broken drywall, old winndow fixtures a broken chair, 12 cans of interior paint and a whole bunch of other crap :lol:

Makes a pretty sweet pick-up truck.
I should go grab a few yards of pea gravel in it while I have it :lol:

Actually, Hyundai I must say, has come a LONG way in the past 10 years.
funny to read this anthony..i just had a sonata for a rental last week..and you are right, really nice cars! Love the tiptronic transmission and it is a really roomy car! I was happy with it
ANTHONYD,Mar 3 2008, 01:03 PM Wrote:Hyundai Sonata. :lol:

Actually I'm quite pleased with the car so far. Nice and tight HUGE inside and a massive trunk.[right][snapback]259256[/snapback][/right]
Sedan lover.

:ph34r:
WTF is this world coming too

Next your going to tell me that toyota is in nascar LOL
i like the way they look
They've come a long way from the Hyundai Stellar days (Anyone remember those POS'es?) but I find them awkward to sit in, even as a front seat passenger...

NefCanuck
i've had the v6 sonata as a rental on numerous occasions and i've decided that the autotrans gearing ruined the car. i can't believe that car has 240hp.. it feels really really slow

try to get a toyota avalon next time. that car feels pretty quick in a straight line with the 268hp 3.5L and decent gearing
I just gave back the Toyota Camary rental I had after two weeks and I must say I was very disappointed. For what the Camary costs it should drive a lot better then it did. The handling had no feedback, the transmission was sloppy and hated to downshift and the interior was so boring that it could put you to sleep. The only saving grace was the engine, good on gas when cruising but lots of power when you needed it.
It's Hyundai. They've copied so many designs in the last 6-7 years that the only honest design they have left of their own is the Tiburon.

Every rental I've had of theirs in the last 2 has not impressed me at all. Same for the Camry like Nathan said.
Canadian ST,Mar 4 2008, 07:21 PM Wrote:The handling had no feedback, the transmission was sloppy and hated to downshift and the interior was so boring that it could put you to sleep.
[right][snapback]259353[/snapback][/right]

which model did you have?

i don't mean to sound like a toyota fan boy but i started paying attention to the '07 camry v6 after it came in 2nd on car and driver's top 10 fastest cars under $30k list (1st was a '07 wrx, but it barely beat the camry.. i think the camry might have trapped the 1/4 mile at same speed or faster, so the wrx win was all about the launch)

the $$ toyota interiors look like lexus from a few yrs back, i'm guessing you had a base model with the 4cyl
Hyundai has come along way the new tirburon is pretty sweet my buddy is actually in talks with hyundai performance and trying to convince the to make a turbo motor he has a 4G63 ( talon or evo motor) stuffed into a old elantra. hes also sponsored by http://www.garage16.ca
Hyundai is the new Honda..

they've continually crept up the reliability charts, and they've brought in German and Italian designers like Pininfarina (NOS, that's why they look like they've 'stolen designs')...

And with the new genesis platform, I'd say, if you were looking at a BMW 5 series, Hyundai will give you the same quality at half the price. They're like subaru 5 years ago --and I doubt they'll be a 'budget' brand for long.
darkpuppet,Mar 5 2008, 03:02 PM Wrote:And with the new genesis platform, I'd say, if you were looking at a BMW 5 series, Hyundai will give you the same quality at half the price. 
They're like subaru 5 years ago --and I doubt they'll be a 'budget' brand for long.
[right][snapback]259388[/snapback][/right]

i think lexus/toyota is a better comparison for hyundai.. that new luxo hyundai sedan and ppls reaction to it reminds me of ppls reaction to the first LS400. in fact.. the strategy is pretty much the same.. try to make a car similar to a 'big name' luxo car, price it cheap and cross fingers ppl will buy it. i think a big reason the LS400 caught on is that even though it was from a then noname brand it was/is the best manufactured (defect free) production car in the world.

Actually the first thing I notced was the design of the interior. Not your typical Asian car.
Nice lines, decent materials and a really tight fit. Not like hondas. (horrible interiors)

And the road noise in that car was next to nothing.

I may go look at a Sante Fé for the next car.
naz,Mar 5 2008, 02:58 PM Wrote:i think lexus/toyota is a better comparison for hyundai.. that new luxo hyundai sedan and ppls reaction to it reminds me of ppls reaction to the first LS400.  in fact.. the strategy is pretty much the same.. try to make a car similar to a 'big name' luxo car, price it cheap and cross fingers ppl will buy it.  i think a big reason the LS400 caught on is that even though it was from a then noname brand it was/is the best manufactured (defect free) production car in the world.
[right][snapback]259395[/snapback][/right]

Very true..