FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2008 Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to speed tv, the 2008 Focus sales have increased 18% in november, 9% in december and 33% in January over the previous year. Also, more buyers are in the 16-35 age than in previous years. Let's hope this trend doesn't last, so Ford can give us the real Focus.
wow!! ther is only lik 5 or 6 in saskatoon driving around and none of those look like the type to mod at all
yeah its in the monthly Ford "letter to the employees" also....

I actually drive a 2008 focus myself......its not mine so I keep it on the down-low
D-Dub,Feb 29 2008, 02: Wrote:yeah its in the monthly Ford "letter to the employees" also....

I actually drive a 2008 focus myself......its not mine so I keep it on the down-low
[right][snapback]259082[/snapback][/right]
I'm sure it's probably not a bad car to drive, just Fugly ( I guess Ford didn't get Meford's memo )
I've tried, I still can't love it. If they all looked like the FS project car, maybe... but then what does that tell you?
I want to go test drive one. I actually don't mind the look of em.
I wonder just how many of these increased sales are on the higher profit margin models with more toys? (I don't know the exact cost of the Sync option on the Focus, but I'll bet it ain't cheap :ph34r:)

That I think would be a more telling statistic :huh:

NefCanuck
Mine has sync, leather, roof and multispoke rims.......sync is nice to have and its easy to use.

I thought it was ugly at first but its not to bad. It drives like a focus, but it doesn't look like one thats what I tell myself.

For an automatic it gets super good gas mileage...
NefCanuck,Feb 29 2008, 04:23 PM Wrote:I wonder just how many of these increased sales are on the higher profit margin models with more toys? (I don't know the exact cost of the Sync option on the Focus, but I'll bet it ain't cheap :ph34r:)

That I think would be a more telling statistic :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]259094[/snapback][/right]
More are being bought with "more content"
Maybe we should try to get a mass test drive for FC.net :lol:
My only complaint about the focus is the exterior. From dead-on, it ain't bad.... it falls apart due to the high sill -- no matter what wheels you put on it, it'll look like a shopping cart...
darkpuppet,Mar 1 2008, 10:58 AM Wrote:My only complaint about the focus is the exterior.  From dead-on, it ain't bad.... it falls apart due to the high sill -- no matter what wheels you put on it, it'll look like a shopping cart...
[right][snapback]259142[/snapback][/right]
Sorta like a Acura TSX?
In terms of the looks for me where the Focus fails is the rear fascia and the flanks (esp. that pair of chrome zits on the front fenders)

Front is "okay" but I'm a little leery of the way the front headlamps are swept back... seems like an accident of a smashed headlight lens waiting to happen.

Of course I love the concept of the Sync system (I just wonder does the car come to a dead stop if the Synce software BSOD's? :P)

NefCanuck
Remember, Sync isn't windows... you should be more concerned about Red Rings O' Death..