FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Question For All Those Working Out....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey fellas.
So I joined the gym, and I've been going every morning for the last few weeks. It was tough at first, but I actually look forward to it now!

The feeling I get when I get into the office wide awake and full of energy. I've NEVER had that. It always took me 3 coffees to get going.

I'm generally sticking to cardio for the moment as I'm trying to lose the ol' gut.
This morning I had session with personal trainer and he showed me the free weights.

Typing this is actually a chore as my arms and chest are complete jell-o.

2 weeks ago I COMPLETELY changed my diet.
I cut out the beer, fried foods, coffee, and I'm eating breakfast. Snacking during the day on veggies and just eating overall more healthy. This is the toughest part for me because as a lot of you know, I like my food. I love my beer, my chicken wings and chinese food.

With weight loss, as we all know, results are great motivation. I think that if I start to see real results in my quest, I'll be more likely to stick to it. I was on the right track last summer, as I saw a picture of me taken at Darkpuppet' birthday and I was clearly lighter than I am now and it motivated me to try again.

So my question is...

Is there a good supplement out there that I can take before or after my workout to help me burn a little more fat?

Y'know, something a little extra?

Let me know guys.

thanks!

a.

:iono:
You could take something like Hydroxycut.. it's got caffeine, green tea extract, and a bunch of other chemicals that'll give you a boost.

But be ware.. most (thermogenic) diet pills can increase stress reactions.. meaning if you're close to a heart attack, it could push you over the edge :P

Personally, I did the pills -- and they do produce results, but the results don't last, and they made me feel like crap (cranky or otherwise)...doing it the natural way was best.
Do you want to drop weight or drop fat? I've been working out hard 1 1.5 hours a day rotating weight training, cardio and stretching (yoga). I think the key is to stick with it, stop eating empty calories and eat more good calories. I haven't lost a pound, but my clothes fit looser so I guess thats good.

Maybe a high protien diet for 4 weeks or so, it will burn the fat quickly. Tracking your cals usually helps, you need to take in the right about of calories. Too little and you won't loose any fat, your body will be in starvation mode and store it, sometimes eating more does make you loose weight.

At least this is what I read...

hardk0re,Feb 28 2008, 02:52 PM Wrote:Tracking your cals  usually helps, you need to take in the right about of calories. 
[right][snapback]259007[/snapback][/right]

I think this is the best advise anyone ever gave me about weight loss. I ignore it at times, but for the most part, I find it absolutely amazing how many calories I was injesting. You sit down to a snack or breakfast and think, that looks like a cup of pretzels/cereal. Nope. Not even close. measure your food!!!! And make sure your not cheating yourself.
Don't start so quickly that your just going to give up too soon. It took me 12+ months to get to a point where I was satisfied, but I do know that in order to get to the "ideal" weight for my height (BMI says I should be about 190lbs, as if that is attainable at 6"3").
Take it slow. Enjoy the ride. And understand that there are going to be days or even weeks where you are going to fall off your weight loss wagon. Just remember to get back up on that wagon.

I don't know how many calories you are injesting now, but realistically, it should be 2500 a day as you and I are about the same height. And try to eat 6 times a day with smaller portions. This keeps your body at a constant level. Also, I found my greatest weeks for weight loss was when I cheated! It seems to confuse the body with the change in caloric intake, and when i got back to the diet, the pounds came off a little easier that week.

Good luck.
ECA stack helps lose body fat..Ephedra+Caffeine+Aspirin
itself will not do any but with cardio, it sure help a lot..
try to eat good fat out from salmon..
protein supplemment and vitamin are all you need..
ask them for MRP(meal replacement protein), it got combination of protein(isloated+concentrated)+carbohydrate(complex+simple)+fat(good source of fat)..
i recommend "muscle milk" by cytosport..

try to eat small portion 6 or 7 times a day..
3 regular meal but in small portion + 2 mrp in btw(before and after workout), and fat free cottage cheese+peanut butter before bed..

when you do cardio, try 3 mins of warm up and do 1 min sprint, 1 min slow, 1 min sprint like this for 15 min first week and add up to 30 mins later on..

i worked out for 8 years before and stopped doing it for 6 years now..lost most of muscle but i m starting again..
I only take a multi vitamin, Calcium/Magnesium, and Omega 3. The calcium/magnesium will help with your sore muscles after working out.

i just go to the gym every other day, take my multivitamins regulary, protain shake....and everything is good........oh and watch what u eat....no just food.....a big no no