FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Grounding Throtle Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its Been a while. About a year and a half ago I read a post about grounding the new focuss throttle body for better throttle response. I searched and cant find the posting. Any one know anything about this MOD.
Is the throttlebody Electronic?
Yes, the 2008+ platform is fly by wire which is electronic. I tried it, left it on.. took it off, never noticed any differences. I just left it there now.. But I didn't feel anything change, nor did my gas mileage get better. But according to your sig, it looks like you have a car under 2008 era. Grounding the TB doesn't apply to that model.
tetra,Jan 29 2010, 02:38 PM Wrote:Yes, the 2008+ platform is fly by wire which is electronic. I tried it, left it on.. took it off, never noticed any differences. I just left it there now.. But I didn't feel anything change, nor did my gas mileage get better. But according to your sig, it looks like you have a car under 2008 era. Grounding the TB doesn't apply to that model.
[right][snapback]300436[/snapback][/right]

Sorry I haven't updated my info. I have actually got rid of the focus and am now driving an expedition ( focus couldn't tow my camper ). This is for a friend who has a new gen focus. Thanks for the reply. If it doesn't seem to make any difference Ill tell him not to bother.
Tried this on my friends mazda 3 I'm pretty sure its the same idea, and did nothing. We used 4 gauge wire