FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Phone System Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long story short, The Building i bought HAs a phone system in it, the owner is asking if i wanna buy it from him.

I have no clue if its good, If its something i need.

The building will be set up as a Veterinarian Clinic, It will have a few Laptops and Few Desktops, a Server(i think)
A few phone stations.

Please look at this stuff And let me know what you think and a Good price for it all.

Phone system:
Nortel Norstar PLUS Modular ICS & M12X0 Fiber Module

Norstar Flash:
voicemail system

FastRAD ATA2: used for remote troubleshoot and config/setup

Phones: M7310 20 l

M7208 2

1 x console for the operator
Out of all the equipment that you list, I've only ever had experience with the Norstar Flash VM system.

It's a bear to set up and you should connect it to a UPS if you can because any sags/surges/brownouts will cripple it until you do a hard reset (IE: Yank the plug from the wall)

Having said all that, once its set up and is maintained properly you should have no issues, our system here at the office is close to ten years old now IIRC.

NefCanuck
not worth it imho. I have a few piles of these, no bodys buying them anymore. ftw, im certified in them, used to be an installer back in the day, but now im a cellphone jockey that gets paid minimum wage (according to meaford)
All this stuff it currently installed at the building...

I know its a little old, Bit if everything works, Why upgrade right?
paolo,Apr 22 2010, 12:01 PM Wrote:not worth it imho.  I have a few piles of these, no bodys buying them anymore.  ftw, im certified in them, used to be an installer back in the day, but now im a cellphone jockey that gets paid minimum wage (according to meaford)
[right][snapback]305659[/snapback][/right]
I don't think he said anything about getting minimum wage.
OAC_Sparky,Apr 22 2010, 01:16 PM Wrote:
paolo,Apr 22 2010, 12:01 PM Wrote:not worth it imho.  I have a few piles of these, no bodys buying them anymore.   ftw, im certified in them, used to be an installer back in the day, but now im a cellphone jockey that gets paid minimum wage (according to meaford)
[right][snapback]305659[/snapback][/right]
I don't think he said anything about getting minimum wage.
[right][snapback]305672[/snapback][/right]

well then you probaly missed that post along with the poast where he was making fun of OAC Sparky too. :P
paolo,Apr 22 2010, 02:15 PM Wrote:well then you probaly missed that post along with the poast where he was making fun of OAC Sparky too.  :P
[right][snapback]305680[/snapback][/right]
I usually don't care when people make fun of me nor do I cry when they do. I can usually give at least as good as I get.
OAC_Sparky,Apr 22 2010, 02:22 PM Wrote:I usually don't care when people make fun of me nor do I cry when they do. I can usually give at least as good as I get.
[right][snapback]305681[/snapback][/right]

What the hell are you talking about? what does this have to do with PBX phone systems? please keep the post on topic. I'll let it go this time.. but if it happens again...
paolo,Apr 22 2010, 03:33 PM Wrote:What the hell are you talking about? what does this have to do with PBX phone systems? please keep the post on topic.  I'll let it go this time.. but if it happens again...
[right][snapback]305683[/snapback][/right]
What? You'll make sure I get s***ty cell service? Looks like someone already beat you to it!!

:lol:
OAC_Sparky,Apr 22 2010, 02:49 PM Wrote:
paolo,Apr 22 2010, 03:33 PM Wrote:What the hell are you talking about? what does this have to do with PBX phone systems? please keep the post on topic.  I'll let it go this time.. but if it happens again...
[right][snapback]305683[/snapback][/right]
What? You'll make sure I get s***ty cell service? Looks like someone already beat you to it!!

[right][snapback]305686[/snapback][/right]

Oh you finally got rid of your rotary dialing phone in favour of an analogue cellphone Welcome to 1980! :P
I don't know of any PBX's that support pulse.
paolo,Apr 22 2010, 03:53 PM Wrote:Oh you finally got rid of your rotary dialing phone in favour of an analogue cellphone  Welcome to 1980! :P
I don't know of any PBX's that support pulse.
[right][snapback]305690[/snapback][/right]
In 1980 I was programming BASiC on a TRS-80 and Fortran and COBOL.

About the same time you were a squirt on your parents' mattress.

That's why I program robots for 6 digits a year and you get to deal with unhappy customers. ;)

OAC_Sparky,Apr 22 2010, 03:04 PM Wrote:That's why I program robots for 6 digits a year and you get to deal with unhappy customers.    ;)

[right][snapback]305694[/snapback][/right]

Really? why not 8 digit years? you should always think of the future, no? did you not see what happened at y2k?

Secondly, You really know me that well don't you? What the heck are you talking about unhappy customers? wtf? :unsure:
paolo,Apr 22 2010, 04:13 PM Wrote:Secondly, You really know me that well don't  you?  What the heck are you talking about unhappy customers?  wtf? :unsure:
[right][snapback]305698[/snapback][/right]
No, I don't. Nor do I really care to. You're a little too cranky to be my friend. ;)

But are trying to say that you're the first cellphone jockey with happy customers? Better call Guinness.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/

LOLOL... ok im gonna put the serious face on for now. Don't believe everything meaford tells you. He does not know jack about me or what I do or where I work or other members on here., but he likes to make up some crap maybe because I met him at a focus meet in port credit and he had commented on my BNIB nokia phone that was worth $1250 at the time (Retail, no term price), he mistaken it for a RAZR V3.

He also does not know anything about Phone Systems, so I doublt he would post in here, and if he does, that would be dumb cus we know hes gonna post useless garbage if he does post in here.
WOw Can you got Thread Crap more please
Chromey,Apr 22 2010, 08:35 PM Wrote:WOw Can you got Thread Crap more please
[right][snapback]305716[/snapback][/right]
Chromey,Apr 22 2010, 10:16 AM Wrote:Long story short, The Building i bought HAs a phone system in it, the owner is asking if i wanna buy it from him.

I have no clue if its good, If its something i need.

The building will be set up as a Veterinarian Clinic, It will have a few Laptops and Few Desktops, a Server(i think)
A few phone stations.

Please look at this stuff And let me know what you think and a Good price for it all.

Phone system:
Nortel Norstar PLUS Modular ICS & M12X0 Fiber Module                             

Norstar Flash:
voicemail system                                                                                                             

FastRAD ATA2: used for remote troubleshoot and config/setup                                                         

Phones: M7310                                20                                                                                                          l

M7208                          2                                                                                                           

1 x console for the operator
[right][snapback]305635[/snapback][/right]
Tell him you will spare him the expense of removing it by allowing him to include it with the purchase price.
Chromey,Apr 22 2010, 08:35 PM Wrote:WOw Can you got Thread Crap more please
[right][snapback]305716[/snapback][/right]

i can clean it up if you'd like.
Please do Dark... Next time im sending both of them to thier rooms.
Funkiller. :P