FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Plate Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got myself some personalized plates and was wondering what you need to bring to the MTO office with you? I'm guessing: ownerships, insurance papers, license, your old plates, new plates.. is that it or am I missing something?

And will the MTO office alert the insurance company and change ownerships or do you have to do that yourself?

Thanks
tetra,Jan 29 2010, 09:35 AM Wrote:I got myself some personalized plates and was wondering what you need to bring to the MTO office with you? I'm guessing: ownerships, insurance papers, license, your old plates, new plates.. is that it or am I missing something?

And will the MTO office alert the insurance company and change ownerships or do you have to do that yourself?

Thanks
[right][snapback]300399[/snapback][/right]
1) That's all you need, maybe a checkbook/Visa to cover any fees.

2) You don't need to notify your insurance co. There are 2 parts to your ownership -- the vehicle side and the plate side. They will be changing the plate side, but the vehicle side will remain the same. The insurace co is only concerned with the vehicle side -- the VIN, and whether the vehice is "fit" or not. It doesn't matter what the plate number is, only the VIN matters.
Ahh I see, thanks for the explanation Sparky :)
The only reason I was wondering about the insurance was because on the papers itself it has my license plate number on there. So I figured I had to notify the insurance co.
tetra,Jan 29 2010, 10:06 AM Wrote:Ahh I see, thanks for the explanation Sparky :)
The only reason I was wondering about the insurance was because on the papers itself it has my license plate number on there. So I figured I had to notify the insurance co.
[right][snapback]300404[/snapback][/right]
Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but you don't need to unless you want them to print you a new slip. My insce slips only have the VINs for all three vehicles.
Yaa I only have the VIN aswell I haven;t seen an isurance slip with a Plate before. When I swapped my normal plates in all I needed was the old plates new plates and ownership and your licence.
Cool, I'll be going this week and changing em up.
My new plates: 1337N3SS

haha
:unsure: Im usally pretty good with figuring out custom plates but I can't figure that one out. And how much did you pay since its 8 letters.
It was actually a Xmas present, so I'm not sure.. But if I remember correctly when I had checked it was about 230 or something like that.

Only computer nerds will understand the plate lol

1337 = leet = elite
1337N3SS = eliteness lol
I figured the ness but had no clue with the 1337 how is that leet?
h4x0r language lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

leetspeak! heh

Mostly this part: "The term leet is also used as an adjective to describe formidable prowess or accomplishment, especially in the fields of online gaming"

But the car is also elite :P hehe
im gettin AWD FTW

i have like other 9 in mind and i checked a couple already....i think the number to check is 1-800-hotpl8t
haha nice, mostly only gamers would understand the "ftw" part as well :)
So Nef, I guess I should get FWD FTL? :D
reldridge,Jan 29 2010, 12:07 PM Wrote:So Nef, I guess I should get FWD FTL? :D
[right][snapback]300427[/snapback][/right]

FWD 4 EVR? :lol:

NefCanuck
tetra,Jan 29 2010, 11:09 AM Wrote:haha nice, mostly only gamers would understand the "ftw" part as well :)
[right][snapback]300423[/snapback][/right]
yea most people would think " f*ck the world"
Car guys will get wtf and thats the only pple that would notice it anyways.

and the number is call 1-800-AUTO-PL8 (1-800-288-6758)
NikiterZTS,Jan 29 2010, 01:17 PM Wrote:
tetra,Jan 29 2010, 11:09 AM Wrote:haha nice, mostly only gamers would understand the "ftw" part as well :)
[right][snapback]300423[/snapback][/right]
yea most people would think " f*ck the world"
[right][snapback]300430[/snapback][/right]

haha never thought of that..
All Wll Die F*ck The World! LOL
1337N3SS? Shouldn't it be 1337N355?

Nah, I didn't want to put the 5's.. Could of, but I'd rather have the SS's
But theorectically yeah, it should be like that. I like the way it looks with the SS's more.
I already have new plates for the truck, but no new truck yet.

And yes, they are personalized.

I won't tell what they are, but you can guess and here's a big hint.

The plates are from an episode of the Simpson's. Krusty approved.
Pages: 1 2