FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pic Of Teh Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: FILE0161.jpg]

anyone know where I can host 100mb videos encoded in h264? i have a couple of shaky vids that i could post

after driving the cars back to back my cliffnotes are:

PGT = frightening.. i am scared of that car. its capabilities are just on another level that my normal person skills can't approach. it is violently fast in all situations and so focused that i felt like i was on a 600cc bike not a car (including the being scared i would die if i made a mistake)

superleggera = supercar that you could daily drive. AWD + electronics inspire confidence (rightly or wrongly you are tempted to drive it WAY over your head)
I hate you

btw.. I think photobucket allows video hosting.
*whimper*
darkpuppet,Feb 22 2008, 07:10 PM Wrote:I hate you

btw.. I think photobucket allows video hosting.
[right][snapback]258603[/snapback][/right]

vid is too big let me try again

btw they aren't mine. i drive a station wagon :(
I was going to get the superleggera but I couldnt find steel rims for snow tires.
EDIT.. embed no worky

[Image: th_FILE0172.jpg]
I <3 the Superleggera. It's a Gallardo, but it's a Gallardo that goes as it should.

Props on a lucky day of driving!
cheapo 720p camera + no cam mount = fuzzy vid sorry guys.. don't help that photobucket cut out a lot of quality as well

i <3 the PGT.. i just wish i had the skillz to fully appreciate it
ur an asshole naz..i just wish i could sit in one..little own drive in one
smith21,Feb 22 2008, 10:48 PM Wrote:ur an asshole naz..i just wish i could sit in one..little own drive in one
[right][snapback]258621[/snapback][/right]

dude i hear you.. i never expected this either. i feel really luck to have been able to try it

for what its worth.. a $3000 mid90s 600cc bike gets you a pretty damn close experience. hop on a cbr600 f3 and you are pretty much at the same level (if not faster) acceleration as the GT. take it to the track and you're getting pretty much the same focused, purpose built driving experience

if you can get over the $$ and brand name of the cars its not hard to get the same thing elsewhere...

in car world a modded STi/EVO making over 300whp and wearing r comps gets you pretty damn close as well

naz,Feb 22 2008, 06:41 PM Wrote:
smith21,Feb 22 2008, 10:48 PM Wrote:ur an asshole naz..i just wish i could sit in one..little own drive in one
[right][snapback]258621[/snapback][/right]

in car world a modded STi/EVO making over 300whp and wearing r comps gets you pretty damn close as well
[right][snapback]258623[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like my buddy Pete's 06 STi, except he has those RE090 Potenzas. Sick, sick, sick ride.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 23 2008, 02:13 AM Wrote:in car world a modded STi/EVO making over 300whp and wearing r comps gets you pretty damn close as well
Sounds like my buddy Pete's 06 STi, except he has those RE090 Potenzas. Sick, sick, sick ride.
[right][snapback]258627[/snapback][/right]

yup.. i bet for all intents and purposes its pretty much the same thing on the street.. your buddy is probably comfortable driving at this 10/10ths in his STi but even my friend and his father drive at 7/10ths in their vehicles for fear the midengine setup will bite if they goof (or something like a cyclist pops up unexpected coming up around a corner)

previous time in the PGT a stock boxster S with r comps hung in the corners while my friend was driving..

i guess point i'm trying to make is that if we REALLY wanted to, any one of us could get a used boxster S/EVO/STi into our driveway...
i wanna be friends with your friends
Lucky stiff... things like that make me wish I could drive a stick <_<

NefCanuck
I'll pass on the Boxster S... I used to think I wanted one. Now it's 911 or bust. :P
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 24 2008, 07:07 PM Wrote:I'll pass on the Boxster S... I used to think I wanted one. Now it's 911 or bust. :P
[right][snapback]258674[/snapback][/right]

part of me is right there with you, part of me wonders if i'm being a brand snob. boxsters do feel phenomenal to drive
naz,Feb 24 2008, 02:44 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 24 2008, 07:07 PM Wrote:I'll pass on the Boxster S... I used to think I wanted one. Now it's 911 or bust. :P
[right][snapback]258674[/snapback][/right]

part of me is right there with you, part of me wonders if i'm being a brand snob. boxsters do feel phenomenal to drive
[right][snapback]258678[/snapback][/right]

After driving one and then the RX-8... I'm glad I have the RX-8. The only thing I "miss" is the option to have the top off and maybe the flat-6 engine note. Otherwise, the RX-8 hangs with or outperforms the Boxster. Mind you, that's a Boxster and not a Boxster S... which was out of my comfort zone for a good model at the time I bought the RX-8.

Cachet-wise... meh. I've loved Porsches since before I knew they were "elite".

Personally, I'd opt for a 350Z/G35 right now before getting anything less than a 911, and even then... maintaining a 911 in this town is MURDER.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 25 2008, 12:35 PM Wrote:After driving one and then the RX-8... I'm glad I have the RX-8. The only thing I "miss" is the option to have the top off and maybe the flat-6 engine note. Otherwise, the RX-8 hangs with or outperforms the Boxster. Mind you, that's a Boxster and not a Boxster S... which was out of my comfort zone for a good model at the time I bought the RX-8.

Cachet-wise... meh. I've loved Porsches since before I knew they were "elite".

Personally, I'd opt for a 350Z/G35 right now before getting anything less than a 911, and even then... maintaining a 911 in this town is MURDER.
[right][snapback]258707[/snapback][/right]

what yr base boxster did you try? were you looking at the early base model cars with like 200hp? the boxster i was talking about specifically was a '03 S model with 258hp. i can totally see how a 200hp boxster would be very underwhelming..

what do you think of the 335i dude? they are monsters on the highway with a chip!!!

It was a 99 or 00 Boxster IIRC.

I agree that the 02+ Boxster Ses are more complete sporting packages by far, but at the time they were more than what I wanted to spend.

I've heard the 335i is SICK with a chip... but what I really want to see done is a 135i with some mods. THAT would seriously haul ass!
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 27 2008, 01:32 PM Wrote:I've heard the 335i is SICK with a chip... but what I really want to see done is a 135i with some mods. THAT would seriously haul ass!
[right][snapback]258906[/snapback][/right]

apparently the weight diff between 335 and 135 is something puny like 200lb?? not sure how true that is... i guess we'll have to see.

335 is traction limited in a big way launching and coming out of tight corners. corner exits are nowhere near as explosive as they should be (i bet you they kept it open diff so it wouldn't pwn the m3)